Day In a Page
Monday, 28 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Meredith Kercher killing: Kercher and Knox had fight over money on night of the British student's death, says Italian court
- Tube strike 2014: Save the Children's sobering tweet to first world problems
- East Midlands Airport shut down after cargo jet's landing gear fails
- Ukip MEP Roger Helmer: People should be able to dislike homosexuality like they do different types of tea
- Tube strike map April 2014: Which lines will be closed? And when will it go on until?
- Tube strike 2014: Boris Johnson launches furious attack on 'narrow minded union barons' and brands 48-hour walkout 'mad'
- Houblon £50 note to be withdrawn by Bank of England in fraud crackdown
- Hundreds of children over the age of 5 are sent to school wearing nappies - and teenagers as old as 15 can't use the toilet on their own
- Beyonce ‘harms children’ and is ‘part of the problem’ with black teenage pregnancy, claims US TV host Bill O’Reilly
- Rihanna sued by former head of security over claims that she made ‘nauseatingly offensive’ comments about him
- George Clooney resigns from United Nations peacekeeping role because he’s just too busy
- Max Clifford guilty: Simon Cowell is first high profile client to disassociate himself from publicist after he is ‘horrified’ at teenage sexual assault verdict
- Lily Allen explains return to music: Sheezus star missed ‘free clothes and handbags’
- George Clooney engaged: Actor’s mum confirms ‘happy news’, as Amal Alamuddin’s chambers break ranks to release statement
- Rupert Everett on prostitutes and social cleansing: ‘It's important Soho doesn't lose its rough edges’
- Robbie Williams and wife Ayda Field expecting second baby: Those left nauseous after ‘we’re practising’ overshare can finally stop worrying
- Billy Connolly reacted to Parkinson’s and prostate cancer double diagnosis by blowing a raspberry and remaining 'business-like'
- Gordon Ramsay’s hair nightmare: How the star chef’s questionable new ‘do obscured Victoria Beckham’s entire 40th birthday party
- Paul Simon and wife arrested and charged over alleged domestic abuse
- Hitler's maid on living with the Fuhrer: He loved midnight cake, lie-ins and tea from porcelain china cups
- George Clooney engaged: Who is Amal Alamuddin and how did she tie down Hollywood's most eligible bachelor, who swore off marriage for good?
- Stephen Fry boycotts Brunei-owned hotel chain The Dorchester Collection after country passes ‘stone the gays’ law
- Ed Balls distances himself from Ed Balls Day by refusing to tweet 'Ed Balls'
- JK Rowling discusses her mother’s fight with multiple sclerosis: 'She never knew about Harry Potter'
- Damon Albarn on the great class divide: ‘I was never gonna beat Noel Gallagher in a war of words’
- DJ Rashad Harden dead: Dance producer and footwork pioneer found dead in his apartment aged 35
- Dishevelled Richard Gere is mistaken for a homeless man as a French tourist offers him leftover pizza
- Chris Martin on Gwyneth Paltrow 'uncoupling': 'If you can’t open yourself up, you can’t appreciate the wonder inside'
- Real-life Atlantis? The world's megacities that are sinking 10 times faster than water levels are rising
- Scientists find explanation for why women may seem more scared of mice than men
- Fertile women find classical musicians more attractive, study finds
- Solar eclipse in Australia: Where to see the partial solar eclipse (including livestreams)
- How to see clearly without glasses using a simple trick
- Connie Marrero: Pitcher who became one of Cuban baseball’s most successful exports to the United States in his thirties
- Jimmy Murakami: Director best known for his adaptations of two Raymond Briggs books, ‘The Snowman’ and ‘Where the Wind Blows’
- Dorothea von Schwanenfluegel Lawson: Author whose acclaimed memoir told of the humour that helped Germans cope with life under Adolf Hitler
- Tito Vilanova: Footballer and coach who with Pep Guardiola oversaw the most successful era in the history of FC Barcelona
- Miloslav Kratochvil Bitton: Military officer who fought as one of "The Rats of Tobruk" and went on to fly Spitfires protecting Lancaster bombers
- Régine Marie Deforges: Erotic writer who fell foul of the authorities and became the first woman to own a publishing house in France
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Vince Cable won’t apologise – but at least he could reveal all
- #Weareallmonkeys: Can a picture of a banana fight racism?
- Talk to the trees, Boris
- Talking Points: Johnny Borrell and where not to eat dinner
- A prisoner rehabilitation programme in Peterborough seemed to be working. Now it's been cut
- Why are female students doing so much worse than men at Oxford?
- Grace Dent: Is this what Ukip thinks we secretly think? That Lenny Henry should go and live in a ‘black country’? It’s time to fight back
- Grace Dent: How fitting that Max Clifford ended up at the centre of a story that he had no control over
- It would help the Tories to lose the 2015 general election
- Inside Whitehall: A sober look at costs led to the alcohol price U-turn
- So why isn’t it racist when other parties talk about controlling immigration?
- A huge UK-based company is the subject of a takeover by an even bigger US-based company. Should we be worried?
- Nigel Farage: My response to Barbara Roche
- Max Clifford guilty verdict: To inflict suffering and feel no shame - that is the mystery of men like this
- World's 50 best restaurants list: food isn't the only ingredient to judge
- David Miliband on Yemen: A forgotten crisis in the Arab world’s poorest country
- Avril Lavigne's ‘Hello Kitty’ and the stereotypes of Japanese women
- High time to end this immoral drugs war
- Nature Studies: The Madagascar orchid and the extraordinary moth that goes with it
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: My girlfriend is punctual when it comes to work, but never on time for anything else
- In sickness and in health: My ICU experience said everything about humanity
- i Editor's Letter: After the terrible murder of Ann Maguire, what can be done to protect teachers from violence?
- Letter from the Deputy Editor: The Unemployed are now forced to sign on every day
- Ann Maguire stabbing: Britain can learn more from the life of this much-loved teacher than her violent, shocking and untimely death
- The likely result of this election will bring Iraq little comfort
- Hopeful signs ahead of 2015’s big climate change meeting
- Abbas’s recognition that the Holocaust was a ‘heinous crime’ was a goodwill gesture Netanyahu is ungracious to spurn
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jonathan Trott drops in and shows signs of making 'encouraging' progress
- The Light Roller: A present-day Test World XI would give past greats a run for their money
- Warwickshire 263 & 152 Nottinghamshire 116 & 126-3: Nottinghamshire may be forced to pay heavily for pitch demons
- Ian Herbert: Michael Vaughan, so quick to judge, now needs to apologise to Jonathan Trott
- County Championship round-up: Yorkshire's Gary Ballance the first to reach 500 runs for the season
- Ayrton Senna: McLaren chief Ron Dennis still struggles to talk about tragic death of Ayrton Senna ahead of 20th Anniversary of fatal Imola crash
- MotoGP Grand Prix of Argentina results: Marc Marquez maintains perfect start in Termas de Rio Hondo
- Matt Butler: Wild men on wild bikes knockin’ on heaven’s door – it’s Unbelievable
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Destiny: Everything you need to know about Bungie's hyped "shared world shooter"
- MacBook Air update: Apple adds Haswell chips and drops prices by £100 across the board
- The Twitter effect: Why using social media too much can lead to divorce
- Google's self-driving cars are now tackling street driving, but are they too wimpy?
- Tube strike: Free iPhone and Android apps that will help you beat the chaos
- Raspberry Pi used to create £90 smartphone
- Microsoft enters a new era after purchase of Nokia, promises 'we're not like everybody else'
- Code Babes: Programming site that 'leverages sexual desire' sparks outrage online
- An end to car washes? Nissan unveils 'world's first self-cleaning car'
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Company warns security flaw could give hackers 'complete control'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness