Day In a Page
Sunday, 3 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- They have tortoises that can use touchscreens now
- Presenting one of the best newspaper corrections of recent times
- No, the BBC did not pull Jeremy Bowen out of Gaza for 'defending Hamas'
- The truth about Ed Miliband's WW1 wreath message
- Potato madness! Man raises $55,492 on Kickstarter... to make potato salad
- Britain's most notorious criminal Charles Bronson has changed his name to Charles Salvador
- £4.5m spent on Kensington Palace upgrade. But Wills and Kate move to Norfolk
- F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone pays staggering £60million out of court settlement to be cleared of bribery charges in Germany
- Sir Merrick Cockell: England is the last remnant of the British Empire
- World's orphans must get more help, says JK Rowling
- Barack Obama requests that the world signs his birthday card on Twitter
- Usain Bolt dancing to the Proclaimers was hands down the best moment of the Commonwealth Games
- Marlon Wayan posts 'racist' Instagram about 'unrhythmic white woman' dancing to Beyonce, doesn’t realise it's Delta Goodrem
- Orlando Bloom victory dances like no one's watching following alleged fight with Justin Bieber 'over Miranda Kerr'
- Sean Hannity arrives in Israel as tensions mount between the Fox News anchor and Russell Brand over 'bigoted' coverage on Gaza
- Grandma Betty 33 dies: Instagram celebrity's death announced with heartbreaking image of her dog sat alone
- Raymond Blanc: Organic food is 'elitist', says chef (who is surprisingly positive about McDonald's)
- Anne Frank arrested 70 years ago today: Read her last diary extract
- Donald Trump says Ebola doctors 'must suffer the consequences'
- Kim Kardashian was 'totally' thinking about adopting Thai orphan called Pink: Dreams sadly now squashed
- Ben Whishaw on the 'courage' it takes to come out as gay
- Charles Bronson changes name to Charles Salvador: ‘The old me dried up’
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson: 'I'm not on drugs, I have autism'
- Anwan Glover stabbed: The Wire and 12 Years A Slave actor assaulted in Washington nightclub
- Branson backs calls to let parents take children out of school for term-time holidays
- Billie Piper questioned by police after car accident leaves cyclist 'seriously injured'
- Jon Voight: Angelina Jolie’s father accuses Penelope Cruz of 'inciting anti-Semitism' with Gaza 'genocide' letter
- Katy Perry says 'I want to join the Illuminati'
- Tulisa Contostavlos admits to having cosmetic procedures after her looks were criticised: 'Yes, I've had my lips done'
- Russell Brand and Jemima Khan to sue 'fantasist' private masseuse
- Michael Johns dead: American Idol finalist dies suddenly aged 35
- Mike Smith: Jeremy Clarkson and Philip Schofield pay tribute to former DJ and TV presenter after sudden death aged 59
- Tas Pappas: Skateboarding fame, money... jail and tragedy
- Nasa rover to make oxygen on Mars
- Prototype blood test will assess for suicide risk in soldiers
- Golden bat in Bolivia classified as a new species
- Not straight from the horse’s mouth – only its eyes and ears
- Nasa approves 'impossible' space engine design that apparently violates the laws of physics and could revolutionise space travel
- What's hotter than the surface of the Sun?
- Japan to launch military force to monitor space, the 'fourth battlefield'
- A rare view of Britain's largest underwater mountain
- Mega penguin’s massive foot shows it was tallest and heaviest ever to walk the Earth
- Stargazing: Explore the glorious Milky Way at its best
- European Space Agency gives in to demands to release pictures of Rosetta spacecraft's decade-long hunt for comet
- Patrick Woodroffe: Fantasy artist who illustrated science-fiction books and album covers
- Sir Alan Peacock: British economist who also chaired the Peacock Committee on the financing of the BBC in the 1980s
- Alex Angulo: Spanish television and film comedian who appeared in 'Day of the Beast' and 'Pan's Labyrinth'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- My father threw away his poppy in disgust
- The West cannot keep poking the Russian bear
- So who is the real power in the land?
- Why is the truth on torture so long in coming?
- Immortalised by Macbeth, house martins thrive in Scotland – but not England
- Sombre TV moments filled a day when we were reminded of how war’s lessons are never learnt
- A century after WW1, there is little danger of history repeating itself
- Baby Gammy’s case has many unknowns
- Now the Games are over, let’s not forget the persecuted men and women of the Commonwealth
- In Sickness and In Health: The invisible support network that keeps me going
- If London Zoo really cared about animals, they would cancel their rowdy 'Zoo Lates' parties
- A pep talk for any men worried about donating to a ‘lesbian’ sperm bank
- Ed Miliband's wreath was a mistake, but can we really call him unpatriotic?
- Zero poaching needs to be the norm, not the exception
- Britain has taken longer to recover from recession than at any time since the South Sea Bubble
- When will our politicians realise that Africa has changed? Aid is dead. Trade is the future.
- The proposed 'changes' to the Charing Cross hospital should concern us all
- Torture? Spying? The freedoms Britain prides itself on are illusory. We live in a secret state
- The Only Way is Ethics: In Gaza, each word must be used with pinpoint accuracy
- Eyewitness: A day at an Ebola treatment unit
- They'd find a cure if Ebola came to London
- Israel-Gaza conflict: What has Israel achieved in 26 bloody days?
- Mother country: The harrowing truth behind Thai 'fertility tourism'
- A foreign secretary's pyrotechnic display of mixed signals that sentenced 800,000 British soldiers and sailors to death
- Bobbing about in a boat with a bear called Bob
- Being nice costs nothing, and pays dividends
- Do I know you? The unstoppable rise of the Unfamous Famous
- Red herring: Something fishy going on down the River Tyne
- Something for Cobra to bite on: It's worth paying for the elderly
- Economic cycles stop for no one, even in the month of August
- Social work: The view from the front line
- Save the tiger: Learning to live with dangerous neighbours
- Save the tiger: Good intentions are not enough... we need data
- Middle Class Problems: Should we ask before we take our Great British Bake Off pudding to a dinner party?
- DJ Taylor: Mr Grist would be mortified to hear himself described as one of nature's complainers
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Declaration of war... but the show goes on
- England vs India fourth Test comment: India need Dhoni to get his eye back on the ball
- England vs India fourth Test preview: Steven Finn back in his stride but the big test is yet to come
- Steven Finn celebrates England recall by signing new three-year contract with Middlesex
- England vs India fourth Test: Row between James Anderson and Ravindra Jadeja lingers over thrilling Test series
- England vs India: Trent Bridge given official warning from the ICC after 'poor' pitch hampered first Test
- T20 Blast quarter-finals: James Vince calls the shots as Hampshire seal Finals Day place
- England vs India fourth Test: Steven Finn called up to the squad to replace Liam Plunkett
- Surrey into T20 finals as Jason Roy has a blast
- England v India: For the good of the series, just shake on it and forget the spat
- Tiger Woods: His absence may yet help American bid for Ryder Cup
- US PGA Championship 2014 preview: Tiger Woods' pain is Rory McIlroy's gain as Ulsterman hits form of his life
- WGC-Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Rory McIlroy on top of the world as back-to-back victories sends him top of the rankings
- Tiger Woods back injury: Don't dismiss the former world No 1 just yet
- Commonwealth Games 2014 closing ceremony: Glorious Glasgow will be remembered for sunshine, full stadiums and no boos for the English
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Show stopper Usain Bolt takes giant strides to win 4x100m relay final
- Kevin Garside: One of the Commonwealth Games' greatest ingredients was having para-sportspeople share the stage with their able-bodied counterparts
- Commonwealth Games 2014 closing ceremony: Glasgow 'will never be the same' after triumphant Games
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Jo Pavey turns back the years and digs deep to earn 5,000m bronze
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Phillips Idowu shows no sign of returning to his best
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Tom Daley's new start on the road to Rio 2016
- Commonwealth Games closing ceremony 2014: Glasgow's big hearted night out to say farewell
- Commonwealth Games 2014: David Palmer in double delight as Aussies dominate final day on the squash court
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Lizzie Armitstead finally a champion as Geraint Thomas toils to take gold
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Ten stars to watch for the Rio 2016 Olympics
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Jamaica prove too strong for drained England in the netball
- Commonwealth Games 2014: The remarkable Usain Bolt show moves closer to final act
- Commonwealth Games 2014: Husband-and-wife team Chris and Gabby Adcock win badminton gold for England
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Two men convicted for possessing extreme ‘WhatsApp porn’ that wasn't viewed
- Google scans Gmail accounts for child abuse - and has already helped convict a man in the US
- 'Johnny Dronehunter' wants to sell Americans shotgun silencers by shooting down ... drones
- China bans two US and Russian cyber-security firms from government contracts
- GCHQ targets the 'Xbox generation' with cybersecurity university degrees
- US Army to use 3D printing for food, bombs, everything
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Davidson, Assembly Halls - review: Crude jokes about genitalia and camel toe hail from forgotten era
- Spoiling, Traverse Theatre, review: Diverting but ultimately unpersuasive
- Edinburgh Fringe 2014: Feminism and filth make for a model show
- Edinburgh Fringe 2014: Rhys James at Pleasance Courtyard and 'Confirmation' at King's Hall
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years