Day In a Page
Sunday, 6 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Mickey Rooney dead: Legendary Hollywood star dies aged 93
- Rob Lowe on being ‘discriminated against’ for being attractive: ‘There's this prejudice against good looking people’
- David Cameron on London Grammar: Music world cringes as the PM ruins another band’s credibility by claiming to be a fan
- Kevin Spacey on Venezuela: House of Cards actor writes #SOSVenezuela blog in support of ‘all who peacefully and non-violently claim their right to protest’
- Game Of Thrones star Maisie Williams, 16, on why she’ll never get married: ‘It's extremely pointless’
- John Pinette dead: US comedian found dead in Pittsburgh hotel room, aged 50
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin split: Coldplay frontman forced to deny affair with US TV assistant
- Where is the worst place on the body to get stung by a bee? One student has found the answer...
- The gambler's fallacy explained? Misguided belief in the big win just around the corner could be down to brain activity
- Dark matter found? Gamma rays at centre of Milky Way promise clue to mystery of universe
- Stargazing: Red alert as Mars hogs the limelight after dark
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maria Miller's as mimsy as a borogove with 'attitude'
- The theatre of politics is compelling, but Clegg v Farage was dull
- Newspapers are crediting Maria Miller with too much power if they think she is out to shackle the press over the expenses scandal
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: My boyfriend's family said he couldn't marry me, so we broke up
- Grace Dent: Modern life can be horrific. But assisted suicide is the easy – and often wrong – option, so don’t let the likes of Dignitas dignify it
- Why is Eric Pickles trying to foment trouble out of nothing?
- Grace Dent: Dappy's new hashtag tattoo is unlikely to get him trending
- Grace Dent: Gove's ‘hot sex’ and the city
- Our idea of 'rich' is shifting
- The income tax threshold rises to £10K this week. So why won’t the poorest workers see extra cash from the change?
- Letter from the Political Editor: Trust in politicians
- Ed Miliband: Middle Britain has been hollowed out and cut off from the benefits of growth
- Maria Miller expenses: Another loss of trust is bad news for politics
- Stop the snobbery – kids won’t fall for a book just because a celebrity wrote it
- Robert Fisk: Sinister efforts to minimise Japanese war crimes and portray the empire as a victim must be exposed
- Can any of us even imagine a Sunday morning which doesn’t include Iain Duncan Smith talking nonsense?
- The Only Way is Ethics: Being independent does not mean giving every perspective equal weight
- Thirteen years on, Afghanistan is a bloody failure – and it is ordinary Syrians who are paying the price
- Don't moan about spoilers for Game of Thrones, the books were published years ago
- Ahmed Kathrada was eclipsed by Mandela, but still very much a true hero
- The traditional working week has changed over the years, so it makes sense to extend Sunday trading hours
- George Osborne’s target of full employment looks a tall order. He needs to clarify what his target means
- Obamacare health reform rises from the ashes
- The Vikings were feared for a reason
- Women make better films and better friends
- Power to the people... Can't get a doctor's appointment? A Labour MP says there'd be no problem if GPs had to compete for their patients
- Britain's smog: Killer dust wipes the floor with boring fumes
- The road to Istanbul is paved with currywurst
- Comedy from the crypt, a massive RIP to WTF, Jezebel's most disgusting food favourites, fruity frocks… and keeping the kids in their place
- Eurozone economy: The patient is stable, but that's not the same as being cured
- If I couldn't be Fanny, why not Sophonisba?
- A Sure Start in life is essential
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Cricket T20 World Cup 2014: Malinga wants World T20 farewell gift for departing greats
- Nottinghamshire 272 Lancashire 77-6: Jake Ball seizes opportunity to surprise Lancashire
- England batsman Joe Root agrees two-year contract extension with home-county Yorkshire
- Nottinghamshire 270-9 Lancashire: Patel’s tasty innings provides selectors with food for thought
- Cricket T20 World Cup 2014: Kumar Sangakkara guides Sri Lanka home for epic finish
- Cricket T20 Women's World Cup 2014: England suffer power failure and loss of nerve as Australia complete T20 hat-trick
- Women's World Twenty20: Charlotte Edwards ready for the old enemy
- England's summer test: How to rebuild the team after Ashes humiliation, Graeme Swann's retirement, Jonathan Trott's burnout and Kevin Pietersen's shock sacking
- County round-up: Not a good opening for England hopefuls
- Cricket T20 World Cup 2014: Sri Lankan greats face final curtain in T20 final
- The Masters 2014: Adam Scott interview - 'I knew I was good enough to win last year'
- The Masters 2014: From amateur hour to moment of truth for mighty Matteo Manassero
- The Masters 2014: The tournament gets major lift out of Phil Mickelson
- The Masters 2014: Chilled-out Donaldson is unfazed by big weather in Augusta
- The Masters 2014: Final round 65 at the Shell Houston Open sends Rory McIlroy to Augusta with renewed confidence
- Kraft Nabisco Championship 2014: Charley Hull storms into contention with stunning six-under-par 66 to trail by two shots
- F1: Paddy Lowe thrilled by Mercedes battle and claims it's something 'we owe to ourselves, the sport and our drivers' to keep out team orders
- F1: Championship favourite Lewis Hamilton eyes room for improvement after defensive masterclass in Bahrain Grand Prix
- F1: Lewis Hamilton holds off Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg as humdinger Bahrain Grand Prix silences detractors
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2014 - LIVE
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone vows to change 'unacceptable' state of Formula 1 to improve spectacle for fans
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone confirms two new teams are wanted on the grid for 2015 ahead of Bahrain Grand Prix
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Windows XP comes to an end: Your guide to surviving the XPocalypse and upgrading to pastures new
- Steve Jobs's 'Holy War on Google' and Apple's worst smartphone fears revealed
- Amazon launches Dash: A magic wand that makes shopping as simple as pointing
- Google is trying to trademark the word 'Glass' to protect its wearable computer
- 'Obsessive selfie-taking classified as a mental disorder': What we can learn from a hoax
- Will.i.am says he's built his own smartwatch, will launch it this July
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'