Day In a Page
Saturday, 9 August 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Bike thief victim gets own back on thief with hilarious letter that tells him 'I know where you live'
- This child is given a choice by Isis: jihadist or suicide bomber
- The 11 most senseless benefit decisions known to man
- Want to hack your neighbour's wifi? There's a cat for that
- Isis, these Americans on Twitter have a message for you
- Marianne Faithfull on the death of L’Wren Scott: 'It could have been me'
- Scottish Independence: Morrissey urges Scots to leave 'United King-dumb'
- 'Justin Bieber was very much sold on his sexuality' - Sinead O’Connor
- Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem face 'fury' of Hollywood following 'genocide' letter condemning Israel
- Morrissey: 'Jamie Oliver should be gassed'
- Frank Maloney undergoing gender reassignment: Boxing promoter is now living as a woman called Kellie
- Nobel prize-winning author Wole Soyinka warns of religion's roll call of death
- Hannah Murray interview: ‘I keep a sad face in my little box of tricks’
- Supermoon 2014: Russian cosmonaut gives early glimpse of perigee moon
- Supermoon 2014: Perigee moon might make Perseid Meteor shower harder to see as astronomers await memorable event
- Watch NASA launch a new 'Supersonic Flying Saucer'
- Supermoon 2014: All you need to know about this Sunday's supermoon
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Israel's mowing of Gaza's lawn is an unjust war
- What's the going rate for an A-level A grade?
- Crisis in the Middle East: We can only watch as darkness falls
- I didn’t join the Gaza march because I didn’t want to be called an anti-Semite
- The biggest threat to Boris Johnson's rise to the top could be his own father
- If the Nobel Peace Prize can be handed to Obama, why not hand it to the Israeli Defence Force?
- Why don’t state school pupils apply to Oxbridge? I’ve got an inkling…
- The Only Way is Ethics: Disability and illness are no longer sources of prejudice, but the media still needs to be wary
- It's important to know what you are fighting for
- What would Jefferson have made of the grubby trial involving Virginia's former governor?
- Crisis in the Middle East: The end of a country, and the start of a new dark age
- Nigel Farage as my MP? Let's hope not
- Wildlife spotting for the bearly sighted in the Canadian tundra
- Priority for caregivers, not shareholders: Why campaigners support a ban on Roche's new cancer treatment
- Political passion-killers: 'No' campaigners just turn me off
- Calm amid Tokyo chaos is a lesson in travel
- Stop! In the name of love: Dating breakthrough for the tongue-tied
- Middle Class Problems: Group holidays are innately stressful
- DJ Taylor: How does ageing student Lucian afford his (surprisingly expensive) post-graduate lifestyle and what does he hope to get out of it?
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: 'Mummy your tummy is so small! How did I get in there?'
- Tim Key: My reaction when opening my wardrobe is the same as opening my fridge. A gloom descends
- Alison Taylor on relationships: The morning after is like the witching hour in reverse. Or The Twilight Zone
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alastair Cook reign as captain was never in danger, says Peter Moores
- Stuart Broad: England fast bowler set to play in a mask for fifth Test decider vs India after fracturing nose
- Dileep Premachandran: Bad blood disappears as Virat Kohli comes to Stuart Broad's aid
- England vs India fourth Test: Stuart Broad’s nose injury makes him a doubt for the final Test
- England vs India fourth Test: India are Moeen down as Ali sets up innings victory
- England vs India fourth Test: Stuart Broad retires hurt after being hit in the face by Varun Aaron bouncer
- England vs India fourth Test: Former England captain Michael Vaughan warns victory could slip away due to poor Old Trafford outfield
- England vs India fourth Test: Joe Root and Jos Buttler strengthen England's grip but hosts lose Stuart Broad
- Fans fume as Lancashire admit making a mess of Old Trafford mop-up
- US PGA Championship 2014: Tiger Woods fails to make cut after suffering with back condition
- US PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIroy in 'the best place to be' going in to final day
- US PGA Championship 2014: Colin Montgomerie vents fury at failure to speed up field
- US PGA Championship 2014: Ryder Cup hope fading for Tiger Woods
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Holiday sunbed wars: Germans say they have proved Brits are the worst for towel hogging
- 8 tips for a hassle-free holiday
- Simon Calder: Breaking the rule of thumb in Namibia
- From Barcelona's biggest street party to Laura Ashley's new hotel: Travel agenda
- Grandmaster Flash: My life in travel
- Florida fly-drive: Travel challenge
- Travel Photo of the Year 2014 competition: Win a trip to Africa!
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh