Day In a Page
Thursday, 6 November 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Michael Crichton: Bestselling novelist, film director and screenwriter whose creations included 'Jurassic Park' and 'ER'
- Jimmy Carl Black: Drummer and vocalist with The Mothers of Invention
- Archie Barton: Aboriginal leader who campaigned for the clean-up of the Maralinga nuclear test sites
- Jim Drake: Tough rugby league prop for Hull and Great Britain
- Jack Sargent Harris: Anthropologist and UN official who fell foul of the McCarthy hearings
- Phyllis Dimond: Artist who made wartime paintings of buildings for 'Recording Britain'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jay McInerney: We New Yorkers have others to thank
- Alan Latham: The French intellectuals are wrong: running is good for the mind
- Ben Chu: Obama the 'anti-American'">Ben Chu: Obama the 'anti-American'
- Sean O'Grady: A speech with echoes of Lincoln and Nixon
- Baratunde Thurston: We rejected so much history and so many rules that have bound us. We rejected fear
- Michael Brown: Under Reagan's gaze the faithful despaired
- Alan Davey: The arts are here to provide the strength to overcome despair
- Sophie Morris: Lessons in life that only a pet can give us
- Michael McCarthy: Yes we can... build the smart grid
- Guy Adams: Another kind of seismic event...
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 'Necrophilia-obsessed' girl among double murder accused in three-way sex case
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve