Day In a Page
Thursday, 6 November 2008
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Michael Crichton: Bestselling novelist, film director and screenwriter whose creations included 'Jurassic Park' and 'ER'
- Jimmy Carl Black: Drummer and vocalist with The Mothers of Invention
- Archie Barton: Aboriginal leader who campaigned for the clean-up of the Maralinga nuclear test sites
- Jim Drake: Tough rugby league prop for Hull and Great Britain
- Jack Sargent Harris: Anthropologist and UN official who fell foul of the McCarthy hearings
- Phyllis Dimond: Artist who made wartime paintings of buildings for 'Recording Britain'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jay McInerney: We New Yorkers have others to thank
- Alan Latham: The French intellectuals are wrong: running is good for the mind
- Ben Chu: Obama the 'anti-American'">Ben Chu: Obama the 'anti-American'
- Sean O'Grady: A speech with echoes of Lincoln and Nixon
- Baratunde Thurston: We rejected so much history and so many rules that have bound us. We rejected fear
- Michael Brown: Under Reagan's gaze the faithful despaired
- Alan Davey: The arts are here to provide the strength to overcome despair
- Sophie Morris: Lessons in life that only a pet can give us
- Michael McCarthy: Yes we can... build the smart grid
- Guy Adams: Another kind of seismic event...
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C