Day In a Page
Friday, 2 January 2009
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lansana Conté: President of Guinea who ruled the West African nation for 24 years after seizing power in a military coup
- Professor Sir James Baddiley: Biochemist who applied his understanding of organic chemistry to problems in biology
- Bernie Hamilton: Actor best known for playing the police captain in 'Starsky & Hutch'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nine for 2009: How is the travel industry facing up to what looks like a tough year?
- My life in travel: Top Gear presenter James May
- Simon Calder's nine trips for 2009
- A view of the past: Nine travel anniversaries for 2009
- Travel Agenda: Holland Art Cities 2009; Twelfth Night festival; Sydney Festival
- Something to Declare: British Airways sale; Norwegian krone; Sri Lanka
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Sir Patrick Stewart patches into David Cameron and Barack Obama's Ukraine talks with packet of wet wipes
- 4 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
- 5 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition