Day In a Page
- Chris Finnegan: Olympic boxing gold medallist who became European champion
- Professor Edwin Salpeter: Seminal astrophysicist who made pivotal contributions to the study of the universe
- Philip Jose Farmer: Prolific and influential science-fiction writer
- Gerwyn Williams: Rugby full-back who helped Wales beat the All Blacks
- Paul Harvey: Radio broadcaster who became the voice of Middle America
- Tom O'Horgan: Award-winning, visionary director who brought 'Hair' to Broadway
- Imran Khan: This is the result of a weak government and the 'war on terror'
- Stryker McGuire: Why put yourself through all this?
- James Smith: Despots cannot hide, despite their threats
- Patrick Cockburn: My day with the terror 'charity' working 15 miles from Lahore
- Simon Shaps: The BBC's strength now risks damaging the competition
- Andrew Buncombe: Well-trained, motivated and on the rise. But who are these militants?
- James Harkin: No escape from the electronic loop
- Sophie Morris: Help women and you can save the world
- Michael Mainelli: If only the banks had trusted each other, we might all be better off
- Podium: Our vision for a Palestinian state – and obligations that go with it
- Guy Adams: Hollywood meets the axis of evil
- The day of tragedy that changes cricket forever
- Pakistan protest to ICC over Broad
- Everyone is at risk now, says Morris
- James Lawton: Who can believe now that sport is apart from the world?
- Angus Fraser: Stakes have become too high
- Samaraweera recovers after bullet removed from leg
- Portly Patel pays the price for failure to shed excess weight
- David Hemery remembers Munich 1972
- 'At every crack you just thought 'this bullet's for me.' We were sitting ducks'
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.