Day In a Page
Monday, 27 June 2011
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Peter Falk: Actor famous for playing scruffy TV detective Columbo, a role for which he won four Emmys
- Jorge Semprun: Novelist who survived Buchenwald and was later a member of the anti-Franco resistance
- Christopher Shale: Conservative Party activist who became a trusted aide and friend of David Cameron
- Margaret Tyzack: Award-winning actress who specialised in the theatre but was also acclaimed on television in ‘The Forsyte Saga’
- Genaro Hernandez
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Turbulent times as China chooses its future
- Leading article: Neither side may wish it, but compromise is the solution
- Leading article: No escape from Sir Martin's watchful eyes
- Leading article: A victory – but not an end to the equality battle
- Leading article: The best sort of invasion
- Leading article: In the court of the canines
- Sean O'Grady: How to make the euro work
- John Kampfner: Finally, the age of Western intervention is over
- Mary Alexander: I'm striking because these reforms will put people off going into the profession
- Martin Birchall: Look on the bright side... this year's graduates are at least applying for vacancies
- Andrew Martin: Why suits are the antidote to shorts
- Laurie Penny: This spiteful new law against squatting must be stopped
- John Rentoul: NATO Unleashed a Race War in Libya?
- John Rentoul: Jeremy Paxman? Anti-War? Perish the Thought
- James Undy: Who's briefing Francis Maude?
- Fiona Sturges: If women are funny, it's the end of the world
- James Undy: "If you see a cow in a field ..."
- James Undy: "I hate the Coalition so much right now"
- John Rentoul: Are aliens getting less camera shy?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- ICC u-turn hands World Cup chance to Ireland
- Alastair Cook ready to lead from the front
- All eyes on Cook as he has his turn in charge of England
- Jayasuriya set to make his controversial parting shots
- India concede on DRS for series – but no Hawk-Eye yet
- Thorp shines as wickets tumble
- Cook ready for one-day challenge
- ICC chief executives agree to mandatory use of review system
- Bresnan handed England call-up
- T20 hammering bodes ill for the one-day series
- Round-up: Northants undone by Craddock
- Round-up: O'Brien strikes again to send T20 record tumbling
- Rajan's Wrong 'Un: Vettori bucks trend by playing a long game to extend career
- Murray: I must improve to end Britain's 75-year wait
- Straight sets win powers Murray into quarter-finals
- Marvel Maria Sharapova marches on
- Heavy downpours hold up women's quarter-finals
- Nadal declares himself fit to face Mardy Fish
- Murray blazes past Gasquet in statement of his title intent
- 'Devastated' Williams sisters rue double loss
- Nadal faces scan on foot after battling victory
- Nick Bollettieri: Lisicki must bring her A-game to give gutsy Bartoli a proper test
- Federer shows weakness but Youzhny fails to take advantage
- Why do we still love the waiting game?
- Sharapova strolls to easy win over Peng
- James Lawton: Harder challenges lie ahead – but the British No 1 looks ready this time
- Lopez goes distance to set up Murray tie
- Top seed Wozniacki suffers shock defeat
- Djokovic faces teen Tomic after comfortable win
- Venus Williams joins sister in shock exit
- Teenage sensation Tomic cruises into quarter-finals
- Serena Williams stunned by Bartoli
- Azarenka reaches Wimbledon quarter-finals
- Sharapova advances after straight sets victory
- First-week report: Federer shines, Nadal stutters, Murray mixes it up
- James Lawton: Djokovic's ugly episode down to beauty of Nadal and Federer
- Bartoli uses bust-up with her parents to earn Serena meeting
- James Corrigan: Why do coaches just sit there and take verbal volleys from furious players?
- Frenchman looks to avenge 2008 defeat
- Boris Becker: 'Boom boom' serves up his Wimbledon thoughts
- Nick Bollettieri: Murray must stay on the ball mentally as the pressure builds
- SW19 Diary: Not coming to a court near you: Big Mac v Wee Mac
- Robin Scott-Elliot: McEnroe is best darn Wimbledon pundit – and there's Moore
- SW19 Diary: Will footballers come with a late run into the royal box?
- Rested Murray ready to resume familiar rivalry with Gasquet
- Murray tries to resist pigging out on sweets
- Wimbledown: Order of Play
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- How to cook bean sprouts and avoid E. coli poisoning
- Drug boosts snakebite survival time by half: study
- BPA makes male mice act like females: study
- New Android app may know you're sick before you do
- Diabetes rate in adults doubles since 1980: study
- RunKeeper launches fitness social network
- Fitness buffs: are you over-exercising?
- How to have a carcinogen-free cookout
- Britain advises 'thorough' cooking of sprouted seeds
- 'Tribes: Ascend' announces free-to-play intention
- Xbox Summer of Arcade downloads dated
- Social gaming a big winner in smartphone boom
- Microsoft takes Office into the 'cloud'
- Google's flagship 'Nexus Prime' and two new iPhones for Apple in September: smartphone rumors
- Apple planning Hong Kong megastore
- Twitter index: planking craze sweeps through Twitter
- PC download charts: 'FEAR 3,' summer sales
- Germans most aware of online threats, Russians believe the most security myths
- The Earth from space as it's never been streamed before
- Ryan Dunn's death dominates Google searches
- PSP Dual Packs launch at $15
- South Koreans, girls are tops in digital literacy: OECD
- What do you love? Google launches new service
- 'Forza 4' special edition: Top Gear book, bonus cars
- The Black Eyed Peas take party to Kinect and Wii
- Twitter's top tweeters celebrate gay marriage legalization in NYC
- Sega latest target of hackers' attacks
- 'Straw Dogs' trailer debuts in YouTube charts: viral video spotlight
- Hackers hit videogame giant Electronic Arts
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Most blogged artists: chillwave act Washed Out's debut album streams
- Love Jack White? Now get the app
- Bon Iver reigns Last.fm singles chart with new album
- Chris Brown leads winners at Black Entertainment Awards
- Fans mourn Michael Jackson, two years on
- Jackson 'Thriller' jacket sells for $1.8 million
- Jagger, friends join up for SuperHeavy
- Watch Arcade Fire's short film 'Scenes from the Suburbs'
- Weekly US music releases: Beyoncé, Selena Gomez, Limp Bizkit and more
- Final film trailer and Linkin Park music video for 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon'
- 'Spy Kids 4' will feature 4D "aromascope"
- Madrid gets own version of Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Film trailer: 'Brave' by Pixar
- 'Dabangg' wins six awards at 'Bollywood Oscars'
- 'Cars' rolls to the top of the weekend boxoffice
- International box office: 'Cars 2' races to the top spot
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Airport lightening halts Gatwick take-offs
- Virgin boss Branson warns pilots over strikes
- Type a Facebook message to find a flight with new travel booking tool
- Crowne Plaza to trial "world's first snore absorption room"
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: June 28
- Hong Kong shelves plans for Bruce Lee museum
- Luxury hotel chain connects concierges to Foursquare
- Mandarin Oriental joins Asian hotel invasion of Paris
- First solo Chinese tourists arrive in Taiwan
- Cruise line aims for 'boutique hotel meets sea'
- China plays down concerns over Shanghai-Beijing rail link
- Index of air quality in the world's major cities: June 27
- Mumbai: India's megacity melting-pot
- Cardboard helmet could improve bike-share safety
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster