Day In a Page
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- John Moreton: War hero who, as a postwar diplomat, helped to dismantle the British empire
- Claude Pinoteau: Director of popular French cinema
- Margaret Osborne duPont: Grand Slam tennis champion over decades
- Terry Callier: Songwriter and singer whose folk and soul blend influenced British artists
- Eloy Gutiérrez-Menoyo: Fidel Castro's dissident Spanish comandante
- Daphne Slater: She played the first television Jane Eyre
- Peter Cork: Music teacher to Dudley Moore and composer for television and radio
- John Clive: Actor who also wrote thrillers
- Anthony Browne: Interior designer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'We evacuated for Hurricane Irene, but this time we chose to stay. The wind was scary'
- At least Louise Mensch's spat got her in the news again
- Walt Disney buying Lucasfilm makes perfect sense for both parties - but for Star Wars fans especially
- It's myopic to pretend all Arab states are the same. So stop traducing the United Arab Emirates
- 'Modernisation' is widely misunderstood. But who can doubt Heseltine is the true Tory moderniser?
- Why can't women parallel park? Fear of failure drives so many to distraction
- If you ask me...I'm terribly disappointed that you didn't rescue me from this fleece
- The betrayal of John Kahekwa: how Britain let down an inspirational conservationist from Congo
- The technology to tackle greenhouse gas emissions now exists. Are we brave enough to use it?
- It's time to give Christopher Hitchens a statue
- Obama might win. So might Romney. But whatever the result next week, it's none of our business
- When sporting journalists were real reporters
- The Mail Online mistook me for Zooey Deschanel and all I got was this lousy photo
- Oh do shut up about Europe! Why did the Tories abandon the wisdom of Thatcher and Major?
- Read this or die! On Halloween, here are some classic deadly e-myths
- It's perfectly nice of Barclays and Coutts to celebrate 'diversity'. But are they prepared to fight for it?
- Halloween traditions: Pumpkins heads and walks with the dead
- The Savile accusations are sickening, but not surprising - rape is more common than we admit
- Sketch: Arrow points to defective part of capitalism
- As Sandi Firth is crowned the winner, why did some say Jewish Mum of the Year was bad for Jews?
- You may as well forget 4G until reception on the trains is up to speed
- Who could we possibly get to run the police better than they do themselves?
- As Hurricane Sandy batters the East Coast, how is America coping with its economic storm?
- I wish our politicians would stop talking about reforming the NHS and just get on and do it
- We live with our parents, act more politely and abuse fewer drugs. Is this Generation Zzzz?
- Oh, you poor middle classes, having to cut back on your lovely organic veg boxes
- How can we cure cancer when it's lifestyle that's to blame?
- The world must act to protect Burma’s Rohingya from starvation and slaughter
- No excuses, our leaders should debate on TV in 2015
- The persecution of the Rohingya: how a benighted minority in Burma suffer at the hands of despots
- My top ten favourite things about cancer
- Ed Miliband says he wants to reform mental health care. My years on the front line make me sceptical
- Tackling disease is key to solving global poverty
- If the Tories want a majority at the next election, they should hurry up and sign Lynton Crosby
- The end of feminism? There are more of us than you think
- Hurricane Sandy: Uptown, they described it as 'mostly hype' - but then came flying metal and flooded streets
- My christening dilemma: I'm gay and an atheist, should I be a godparent?
- The Times prints cut-out Jimmy Savile Halloween mask
- Hackers to 'take down Facebook'
- Ten songs X Factor would never have the balls for
- Is France issuing a licence to rape?
- Halloween is too sexy
- Cathedral licker nears end of quest
- Seven fake Hurricane Sandy pictures you're sharing
- Hurricane Sandy: Huffington Post, Gawker, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo all down because of storm
- Did climate change cause Hurricane Sandy?
- US preacher blames Sandy on homosexuals
- Editorial: Protectionism is not the answer, Lord Heseltine
- Editorial: A boost for Britain's nuclear renaissance
- Editorial: Sometimes hospitals have to close
- Editorial: Sandy could tip the balance
- Editorial: An unknown electoral quantity named Sandy
- Editorial: Costas Vaxevanis – a Greek hero for our times
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh