Day In a Page
Wednesday, 31 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Genetic profiteering: scandal of firm 'hiding vital breast cancer data'
- Poverty causes people to worry leading to cycle of deprivation, says study
- Animal communication can't be compared to human speech, but Koshik was trying to make contact with his captors
- Look who's talking now...First it was the whale that said 'get out', now it's the elephant that says 'sit down'
- They didn't see that coming: Psychics fail scientific test
- Soil on Mars 'is like Hawaii'
- John Moreton: War hero who, as a postwar diplomat, helped to dismantle the British empire
- Michael Marra: Authentic voice of Scotland with a distinctive songwriting style
- Margaret Osborne duPont: Grand Slam tennis champion over decades
- Claude Pinoteau: Director of popular French cinema
- Eloy Gutiérrez-Menoyo: Fidel Castro's dissident Spanish comandante
- Daphne Slater: She played the first television Jane Eyre
- Terry Callier: Songwriter and singer whose folk and soul blend influenced British artists
- Alf Khumalo: He photographed apartheid struggle
- Life remembered: Paul Zimmermann
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'We evacuated for Hurricane Irene, but this time we chose to stay. The wind was scary'
- Walt Disney buying Lucasfilm makes perfect sense for both parties - but for Star Wars fans especially
- It's myopic to pretend all Arab states are the same. So stop traducing the United Arab Emirates
- 'Modernisation' is widely misunderstood. But who can doubt Heseltine is the true Tory moderniser?
- Why can't women parallel park? Fear of failure drives so many to distraction
- If you ask me...I'm terribly disappointed that you didn't rescue me from this fleece
- The betrayal of John Kahekwa: how Britain let down an inspirational conservationist from Congo
- The technology to tackle greenhouse gas emissions now exists. Are we brave enough to use it?
- It's time to give Christopher Hitchens a statue
- Obama might win. So might Romney. But whatever the result next week, it's none of our business
- When sporting journalists were real reporters
- The Mail Online mistook me for Zooey Deschanel and all I got was this lousy photo
- Oh do shut up about Europe! Why did the Tories abandon the wisdom of Thatcher and Major?
- Read this or die! On Halloween, here are some classic deadly e-myths
- It's perfectly nice of Barclays and Coutts to celebrate 'diversity'. But are they prepared to fight for it?
- The Savile accusations are sickening, but not surprising - rape is more common than we admit
- Sketch: Arrow points to defective part of capitalism
- Halloween traditions: Pumpkins heads and walks with the dead
- Hurricane Sandy blew Obama and Romney off course, but it's the President who has the momentum just days ahead of the election
- Why do we blame political apathy on politicians, when it's the people who are at fault?
- The Russian spring of the 1990s has passed. What happens now depends on the Opposition - and on us
- Labour and others have played a shameful role in the EU budget debate
- Have Justin Webb and the man from business school no idea what literature might actually be?
- Not many of us will mourn the passing of Comet, whose soulless stores made for a grim experience
- The evidence coming out of Tunisia points in one direction. The extremists are on the march
- As David Cameron meets today to discuss the Millenium Development Goals, he must not forget the environment
- Kauto Star will shine on his sport for ever
- Why are they trending? #nytbooks, #Movember, #NaNoWriMo, Patspetition
- A cheerful piece about dying alone
- Horror as young girls use contraception without permission from parents: why not try asking them about it?
- 'I don't know how we'll survive. All the shops are closed. People are without food and water'
- DNA data should be in public domain
- Sketch: So Miliband's playing politics. So he's being opportunistic. So what?
- The Times prints cut-out Jimmy Savile Halloween mask
- Hackers to 'take down Facebook'
- Ten songs X Factor would never have the balls for
- Is France issuing a licence to rape?
- Halloween is too sexy
- Guys! Women don't have a monopoly on work-life balance, you know
- Kate Moss on her ‘years of crying’ over Johnny Depp
- Nate Silver says state polling points to victory for Obama
- Star Wars VII story to be an ‘original’
- George Clooney, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z: how much do celebrity political endorsements matter?
- Creepy iPhone app retrieves Facebook bikini pics of your friends
- Romney's ‘staged’ Sandy relief event
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ruling in the Raj: Recalling the last time England won in India
- Kevin Pietersen makes early exit on return to England action
- England all friends again as Kevin Pietersen swaps texts and tension for fun in the field
- BBC resolve dispute over England tour of India
- South Africa captain Graeme Smith joins Surrey
- Samit Patel stakes claim as England's opening tour match of India meanders to draw
- Patel slips into No 6 box seat while KP offers the 'oomph'
- Murray made to work before progressing
- Novak Djokovic proud to sit top of the world for second year in a row
- Andy Murray crashes out of the Paris Masters
- Defeated Djokovic can't mask fears over father
- Novak Djokovic stunned at Paris Masters
- Andy Murray turns to Pilates to ease the soreness and stiffness
- Novak Djokovic signed bottle expected to fetch up to £20,000 at auction
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany