Day In a Page
Monday, 8 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Vanya Kewley: Film-maker who alerted the world to the plight of occupied Tibet
- Edwin Wilson: CIA officer who made millions from spying
- Crispin Aubrey: Journalist convicted under the Official Secrets Act in the 'ABC Trial'
- Ken MacManus: The last of the bareback riders
- Lois Smith: Publicist who worked with Monroe and Streep
- Ronald Brech: Economist with a passion for his field
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Why I'm committed to preserving the write stuff
- Two candidates, one divided country – but will the election make any difference to Venezuela?
- Peaches Geldof joins the Independent Voices campaign to legalise same-sex marriage in Britain
- Diary: Mensch the pantomime villain and Aidan Burley at a Nazi-themed stag party
- A question for Chris Grayling. As a 5ft4in woman, what legal options for self-defence do I have against a 6ft burglar? Honestly, I'd love to know
- In the age of Facebook, insulting April Jones comes with a heavy price - as Matthew Woods is finding out
- It's not just the Tories gathered in Birmingham who know Boris Johnson is unstoppable now
- Schools should think twice before banning parents from the sports-field
- Why do the likes of Jimmy Savile, Fred Goodwin and Rupert Murdoch get away with it for so long?
- Children know what real words are; teachers mustn’t mislead them
- Politics means nothing when deficits have to be cut
- Azhar Ahmed, a tasteless Facebook update, and more evidence of Britain's terrifying new censorship
- Victory in the great schools battle
- A Jewish perspective on same-sex marriage
- Of Gollywogs (honestly), absent chief whips, and how not to cut £10bn from the welfare budget
- I'm straight and about to get married - how much sweeter a deal if opportunities were equal
- Disaster tourism: how bus trips to the scene of Hurricane Katrina make profit from loss
- How many more, George? Ruth Anim and Liam Barker - different disabilities, very similar situations
- Fortnum & Mason’s shame exposed: Selling foie gras is indefensible
- Why are they trending? IMF, #HappyBirthdayJohnLennon, #cpc12, George Osborne
- Today's wacky web stories: Virtual genocide, Jay-Z rides the subway and the real Halloween horror!
- 'Slut dropping' and 'Pimps and Hoes' - the sexual politics of freshers' week
- YouTube's hall of homophobia shame
- Predators were a grim fact of 1970s office life
- Quite a few of the people who agree with Jeremy Hunt on abortion turn out to be women
- Hero-worshipping Boris Johnson distracts this Tory conference from the party's deeper problems
- If it's worth saying George, say it thrice
- If the bald look is a boon in business, why doesn’t it work in politics?
- Hugo Chavez proves you can lead a progressive, popular government that says no to neo-liberalism
- Elton John: The historic fight for equality must go on. Let's get on and legalise same-sex marriage
- George Carey, a Nazi slur, and how not to conduct the debate over same-sex marriage in Britain
- Yesterday at Conservative Party conference in Birmingham: Monday edition
- Today's wacky stories from the web: Hollywood sign face-lift, plane crash test and barmy bees
- Cameron the late tweeter slightly misses the point
- Kicking myself as Lady Geek catches the IT bug
- The answer to Ed Miliband's One Nation Labour is an 'Everyman Conservatism' to make Disraeli proud
- Why are they trending? #cpc12, Venezuela, #Quote
- I kissed a girl - and I like how far we've come since
- Britain's Sir John Gurdon wins Nobel prize in medicine for his pioneering work in cloning and stem cells
- Don't knock Paul Ryan's Medicare plan
- Is the term "bullying" overused?
- Romney's hollow foreign policy
- What did his text mean? We can help!
- Man dies after bug-eating contest
- Teenager downs nitrogen drink, nearly dies
- Gary Lineker apologises for Muslim 'eat grass' comment on Al Jazeera
- Formula 1 twit: Lewis Hamilton slams Jenson Button
- Dying in style
- Defaced Rothko: It could have been worse
- Hugo Chavez wins re-election in Venezuela
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World Twenty20: Calypso in Colombo as Marlon Samuels stuns Sri Lanka to seal trophy for West Indies
- David Collier's Kevin Pietersen claims 'absolute rubbish,' says Proteas chief
- ECB claims that South African players provoked Kevin Pietersen to send texts are 'absolute rubbish'
- World Twenty20: 'Sky is the limit' for West Indies
- Women's cricket: England pay price for slow start as Aussies retain their World Twenty20 title
- 'Dangerous' Grosjean has not learnt from his past crashes, claim Red Bull
- Sebastian Vettel victorious in Japan as Fernando Alonso goes off at first corner again
- Pressure is on Ferrari claims McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh
- Lewis Hamilton wrongly accuses Jenson Button of 'unfollowing' him on Twitter
- Motorcycling: Title agony for Sykes
- Rallying: Loeb eases to title No 9
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits record low as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more