Day In a Page
- Doc Watson: Guitarist and banjo-player who influenced generations of folk musicians
- Kaneto Shindo: Director who made and wrote films for seven decades
- Paul Fussell: Literary scholar whose work was influenced by his wartime service
- Bob Edwards: Journalist who edited the 'Daily Express', 'The People' and the 'Sunday Mirror'
- Arno Lustiger
- Johnny Tapia: World champion boxer with a deeply troubled private life
- Leading article: Barack Obama must not underestimate his rival
- Leading article: Child poverty needs more creative thinking
- Leading article: The shameful self-interest of doctors
- Leading article: Time to drill into dental charges
- Leading article: A U-turn that George Osborne could be proud of
- Leading article: More women bosses – whatever the economic weather
- Martin Hickman: Defending the indefensible proves a tricky job for Hunt
- Amol Rajan: After this morning, Leveson has to ask Osborne to give evidence
- Oliver Wright: Was charity tax u-turn burying bad news on a bad day?
- Simon Kelner: Buffett's words are food for thought for journalists
- Amol Rajan: Exclusive! Cable buckling under "unbearable strain". (May, 2015)
- Nikhil Kumar: Christine Lagarde isn't a tax dodger or a hypocrite
- Natalie Haynes: Did we pick the best book for the Orange Prize? That's not the point
- David Bowden: Today's Ireland vote begs the question, will the EU be the death of democracy?
- Paris Lees: Heard the one about the ladyboy? Media jokes about trans people are not acceptable
- Henry Bellingham: Our commitment to imprisoning warlord in Britain shows our clear support of justice
- Stephen Foley: Do, do run, Ron. Run. Do, do run, Ron
- Andrew Buncombe: Still no justice for murdered journalist Saleem Shahzad
- Grace Jacobson: Not just the Mail or males - we need to look beyond the usual suspects when asking why so many women have such terrible body image
- Clara Cullen: When will US Republicans realise gay marriage is their natural bedfellow?
- Grace Dent: If you were on your first foreign trip for 24 years, would you want Bono to be a part of the package?
- Simon Kelner: Bring on the bread and circuses – and the hypocrites
- Archie Bland: It's time we enforced the real spirit of the Games
- John Kampfner: We shouldn't let the spooks get away with this
- Paul Peachey: Theresa May is missing the point about police relations with the media
- Patrick Cockburn: Move pushes Syria – and Russia – further out into the cold
- Martin Hickman: A twist of fate, and Vince Cable soon became a thorn in Rupert Murdoch's side
- Arifa Akbar: A debut that makes history riveting and sexy
- Simon Read: Want the same deal? Try saving £2,000 a month
- Pietersen announces shock retirement from one-day and Twenty20 internationals
- More woe for Windies attack as injured Roach flies home
- England pair 'a match for Warne and McGrath'
- County Championship round-up: Worcestershire dig in to keep Compton short of landmark
- Rajan's Wrong 'un: With Whatmore at his side Misbah may make Pakistan purr
- Pybus handed Bangladesh job
- Bangladesh appoint Richard Pybus as head coach
- Murray recovers from injury to beat Nieminen in French Open clash
- Battling Baker is back – after nine years and three hip operations
- Federer secures grand slam record after second-round French Open win
- Djokovic overcomes determined Kavcic to reach third round at French Open
- Serena struck down by brave Razzano and umpire furore
- Bartoli disappoints home faithful in a wide-open year
- Murray looks to Lendl to turn him into a grand slam champion
- Victoria Azarenka makes easy progress at the French Open
- Meat and drink for Murray who squashes Ito
- Watson courts attention with yet another win on Paris clay
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.