Day In a Page
Wednesday, 18 July 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Richard Zanuck: Film producer responsible for hits including 'Jaws' and 'Driving Miss Daisy'
- Marsha Singh: Politician who championed the people of Bradford
- Maria Hawkins Cole: Jazz singer and widow of Nat 'King' Cole
- Jon Lord: Keyboard player whose classical training added a unique element to heavy rock gods Deep Purple
- Kitty Wells: Singer known as 'The Queen of Country' who opened up the genre to women
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Leading article: Deadly roads dictate a rethink of speed limits
- Leading article: A timely warning about dogma and outsourcing
- Leading article: The turning of the tide in Syria
- Leading article: Not enough money in milk
- Leading article: Tentative hope of a cure for Aids is better than none at all
- Leading article: To the British weather - an apology
- Grace Dent: 3,066,607 followers, one false move - why do Rio Ferdinand and the rest of the footballing tweeters bother?
- Kevin Rooney: Free speech is the real loser in Terry v Ferdinand
- Anna Nathanson: The Voice newspaper’s Olympics snub raises important questions around diversity
- Ellie Rose: Why should women feel guilty if they choose not to wear make-up?
- Lisa Markwell: Talk is cheap, but texting is cheaper
- Deborah Ross: So you think teaching creationism in school is far-fetched?
- Simon Kelner: Fun in Games is stranger than this ludicrous reality
- Archie Bland: MPs take too much pleasure in pillorying wrongdoers
- Mohammad I Aslam: Yasser Arafat and when poison ‘kills the president’
- The Debate: Have Olympic sponsorship regulations gone too far?
- Roger Black: Some are there to win, some to have a good time
- The Sketch: Glutton for punishment takes six of the best
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alastair Cook reaches milestone 20th Test hundred
- Ian Bell: Steyn may be fierce but I'm out to tame my old Bears team-mate
- Strauss is not afraid of the 'Captain Slayer'
- Kevin Pietersen omitted from England's ICC World Twenty20 squad
- Why Jacques Kallis is the greatest ever cricketer
- Read reprises his rescue role
- Kevin Pietersen given the cold shoulder for Twenty20 defence
- England bowler Graham Onions struggling ahead of first Test against South Africa
- James Anderson: I thrive on pressure now
- County Championship round-up: Bairstow's struggles go on after England rejection
- Adam Scott equals record with opening 64 at the Open, with Tiger Woods close behind
- Exclusive: Justin Rose up for the fight as Westwood goes into Rocky mode
- James Lawton: David Duval's long journey of self-awareness points way for Luke Donald
- James Lawton: Twenty years on, king Tiger Woods is dreaming again of a Royal ascent
- Rory McIlroy is flying, but this time it's under the radar at the Open
- Tiger Woods delighted with opening round at the Open
- Lee Westwood woe after poor start at the Open
- Defending champion Darren Clarke 'basically disgusted' by opening round at the Open
- Garcia channels spirit of Seve in bid to break major duck
- R&A announces assault on curse of slow play
- Lee Westwood aims for stars at the Open before move to Jupiter
- Phil Mickelson stands by rough Bob Diamond
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more