Day In a Page
Wednesday, 16 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Beate Sirota Gordon: Human rights reformer who helped draft Japan's constitution
- Daphne Oxenford: Actress who was the voice of 'Listen With Mother' for over two decades
- George Showell: Wolves stalwart of the 1950s and '60s
- Aaron Swartz: Campaigner for internet freedom
- Daniel Edelman: Public relations pioneer
- Dr John Norris: GP who survived a kidnap ordeal
- Klemens von Klemperer: Authority on the Nazi regime
- Jeanne Vertefeuille: CIA officer who unmasked the spy Aldrich Ames
- Nagisa Oshima Film director best known for the controversial 'In the Realm of the Senses'
- Robert Kee
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- London helicopter crash will raise concern about flight rules far beyond Vauxhall
- The death of traditional retailers like HMV started when we caught on to one-click and the joy of owning DVDs wore thin
- Algeria: the slaughter of the good and bad at the In Amenas gas plant was utterly predictable
- Why today’s American presidents need a third term
- Mali is not a global conflict, so a global response would merely repeat the errors of the past
- Lena Dunham and Girls is a triumph for real nudity
- The National Lottery is a national disgrace
- Here's a solution to cuts in the care system - have the toddler creche in the old folks’ homes
- An inauguration review: Look closer and you'll see Obama's record isn't short on the kind of change he promised back in 2008
- Exclusive*: Lance Armstrong PR strategy after Oprah Winfrey interview revealed in leaked email from senior industry figure
- Cast your mind back...to a time when we still rented films and bought CDs in shops
- Tesco's horseburgers should have prompted us to reconsider the meat industry. Instead, we laughed
- Megan Fox is beautiful. I must save bombshells like her from extinction
- If we're going to be sold extras, we should at least be asked if we want them first
- It sounds like a replay of Algeria’s civil war. Don’t bet on a happy ending
- Cameron's 'historic' speech proves he's the latest leader to lose control of his party over Europe
- Horse meat in your burgers? If the food’s processed, you’re right to worry
- In the bitter cold, under a starry sky, a glimpse of a bird of mystery
- Ukip, Berlusconi, and the Black Death. It must be the new Dan Brown
- If you ask me...I've figured out how to take over Twitter
- Let more women report how the country is run
- Who is Islamic cleric Dr. Tahir ul-Qadri? And why should Pakistan care?
- By threatening to confess all to Oprah Winfrey, Lance Armstrong shows us what we sorely miss in Britain
- Small farms are critical in the fight against hunger
- Be careful what you 'like' - Facebook Graph Search might make you rethink those ridiculous groups
- Kourtney offers to breastfeed her sister Kim Kardashian's baby - so what's the big deal?
- 'Visibility must have been zero, or close to it... The helicopter flew straight into dense fog. As a former pilot, this struck me as peculiar, to put it mildly'
- New year diet and gym resolutions are often a bad idea
- Poll: As HMV, Blockbuster and Jessops disappear, what will take their place on the high street?
- Brazilian site offers fake Facebook girlfriends to lonely hearts
- The real(ish) science behind horoscopes
- LISTEN: Samuel L. Jackson covers ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ and Taylor Swift approves
- What should I call my pet? Top Ten Most Popular Dog Names of 2012
- #EbayYellowSkaterDress: Woman accidentally posts nearly naked photo of herself on eBay
- Poll: As two women are selected for Sussex County cricket team, should all sport be gender blind?
- Poll: Is Lady Gaga wrong to use guns as a fashion accessory?
- 8 "heinous" food safety violations at the worst kebab shop in Britain
- The best #horsemeat and #findus Twitter gags following the Findus "beef" lasagne blunder
- Editorial: Stop all the demonising of new EU migrants
- Editorial: The West must plan for an arc of uncertainty
- Editorial: A reality check for aviation
- Editorial: Where's the beef? We should know
- Editorial: Munich 1, Chelsea 0 as Guardiola heads to Bavaria
- Editorial: A warning for London and its planners
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ian Bell: Time to put away the golf clubs and find an answer to India's new tactics
- Exclusive: Hampshire aid Australia in bid for Ashes rule
- I would wilt in Andy Flower's position, admits Richard Halsall
- Warwickshire pull off Ottis Gibson coup
- Battered Steven Finn looks for a plan to keep M S Dhoni quiet
- Alastair Cook eager to move on from defeat in India
- Laura Robson stuns Petra Kvitova at the Australian Open in thrilling match
- Andy Murray defeats Joao Sousa to ease into third round of Australian Open
- Heather Watson snatches victory from jaws of defeat in Australian Open
- Mature Heather Watson cutting out elementary mistakes
- Serena Williams allays ankle fears with straight forward victory
- Roger Federer cruises into third round of Australian Open
- Loser Fleming cheered by partner Hutchins' fight
- Novak Djokovic demolishes opponent at the Australian Open
- Maria Sharapova sets up Australian Open clash with Venus Williams
- David Ferrer battles through to second round
- Victorious Vekic will not switch to Team GB
- Andy Murray and Laura Robson ready to turn up heat after scorching starts
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more