Day In a Page
Sunday, 27 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- We can help poorer countries by tackling tax evasion and avoidance
- If you ask me...So if dogs were human, and we were their dogs
- Give councils direct power to raise tax
- If we want to limit immigration, why punish Chinese tourists?
- HS2 shows that investment is not such a dirty word after all. But how did the Coalition get here?
- It’s time we relaunched the grandparent in fiction – and in real life
- Gove’s changes threaten Britain’s greatest asset: our creativity
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemma: Will I ever feel properly ‘grown up’?
- The RSPCA: Can it destroy and protect animals at the same time?
- Adam Afriyie can only be regarded as Britain's answer to Barack Obama if you ignore his politics
- HS2 the high-speed rail from London to Manchester will be nice, but it won't do much for the North
- Childminders and nurseries can now look after more children - this means the quality of care will diminish
- Don't celebrate Adam Afriyie just because the Windsor MP has a ‘clean’ expenses record
- #silentnomore : Our message to trolls - no, we won't shut up
- HS2: a new railway to drag Britain from the 19th century to the 21st. But are the specifics right?
- An open letter to Nick Clegg on the matter of his children possibly being educated privately
- Adam Afriyie? Good luck to him. He'll need it
- Mary Berry goes all contrary with a simple recipe: take one part ignorance, add poison, and stir well
- What my generation can learn from the Holocaust
- From Algeria, a lesson in how to bypass democracy
- George Osborne is destined to be remembered as the most inept Chancellor in British history
- A victim of man's methods - and, quite possibly, British badgers - the humble hedgehog is becoming an engdangered species. Here's what you can do
- Poll: With Zero Dark Thirty, is Hollywood guilty of promoting torture?
- A guide for potential immigrants to the worst parts of UK culture
- Hillary Clinton is a liar! (says Jonah Goldberg)
- Chuck Hagel was chosen by Obama because they agree war is always a last resort
- Is Dubai's underwater hotel the wackiest of its kind?
- A Pope, a dove of peace and a seagull get together...
- Rolling Stone's ‘50 Funniest People Now’ vs ‘People's Sexiest’: Can you be funny and hot?
- Is Philippe Dubost's online Amazon resume the best CV ever?
- Barack Obama says goodbye to David Plouffe
- Editorial: High-speed rail is not the best way to spend £32bn
- Editorial: Violence that bodes ill for Egypt's future
- Editorial: A liberal gamble too far
- Editorial: Mali's lesson is that we still need the US
- Editorial: Local A&Es are a national issue, too
- Editorial: Well, they would, wouldn't they?
- Editorial: The triumph Down Under that was overlooked
- Political tinkering is the enemy of education
- If you want the truth during a war, don't ask a pundit
- Shirker or striver? Most of us are neither
- The Emperor's New Clothes: Footballers
- Every year on Holocaust Memorial Day, I'll light a candle. But why?
- We need to help the next generation tackle problem gambling
- Can't help with world peace: I've chipped a nail
- Tom Hodgkinson: 'My inner bourgeois soul has re-emerged'
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashley Giles relaxes as 'Frankenstein's monster' of a squad leaves
- Fine finish for England as Ian Bell's ton brings alive dead rubber against India
- Alastair Cook says England have 'learned a lot' from India series
- Blow for Black Caps as Jesse Ryder opts to continue his exile
- England say no to IPL clause in new three-year contracts
- Blistering pain but no regrets for Andy Murray following defeat to Novak Djokovic
- Murray's pain game
- Victoria Azarenka makes a powerful point to hostile crowd
- James Lawton: Andy Murray has only one real problem – the utter brilliance of deadly Novak Djokovic
- Floating feather and a backhand miss will haunt Andy Murray
- Andy Murray loses out to Novak Djokovic in Australian Open final
- The key to Murray's success: Hot Yoga!
- Djokovic v Murray: Pumped up and in their prime
- Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic: How the match unfolded in Melbourne
- Matt Butler: On Mats point, it's thumbs up for Wilander and Co
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Take your fund at face value … and you could end up in the dog house, with other poor performers
- Don't wait for your bosses: Give yourself a pay rise
- Julian Knight: Reading of laundering rules is too restrictive
- Consumer Rights: Don't leave it too late to claim for mis-sold PPI
- Good luck finding financial advice – unless you have more than £100,000 to invest
- Investment Insider: Where does a plummeting pound leave investors?
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more