Day In a Page
Tuesday, 1 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Out of this world: giant supervolcanoes found on ancient Mars
- Secrets of insect repellent DEET could prove decisive in the war on malaria, dengue and West Nile fever
- Jellyfish 'pulverizing' robots trained in Korea to hunt down their prey
- Flowers have bloomed for 240m years
- US government shutdown puts Mars rover to sleep
- Marcella Hazan: Ambassador for Italian cuisine who changed the way that Americans cooked
- AC Lyles: Film producer who worked in Hollywood for 75 years
- Sathima Bea Benjamin: Singer championed by Duke Ellington
- Robert Barnard: Writer who revelled in the traditions of the Golden Age of crime fiction
- Peter Broadbent: Creative force in the mighty Wolves side of the 1950s
- T-Model Ford: Hard-living blues singer
- Jack-Alain Léger: Writer and singer who worked under multiple guises
- Richard Sarafian: Film director best known for the existential road movie 'Vanishing Point'
- Shalom Yoran: Soldier who evaded the Nazis and fought with a Jewish resistance unit
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US Government shutdown: The angriest Twitter reaction
- David Cameron 2013 Conference speech: The Twitter reaction
- 5 erotic novels you should know exist (but you shouldn’t necessarily read)
- David Cameron doesn't know the price of value foods - but do you?
- Propa nawty Cockney geezer joins Eastenders: quotes from Danny Dyer
- US Government shutdown: What does it mean? And what are the papers saying?
- The Daily Mail vs Ed Miliband - now the flames have really been stoked
- Who will inspire Lloyd Webber’s genius after Stephen Ward?
- A trip to the cinema is now almost the same thing as going wholesale junk-food shopping
- Geo-engineering has the potential to destroy as well as preserve
- Help to Buy will help the haves, not the have-nots
- Cameron responds to Miliband, but still keeps his options open
- Inside Westminster: 'Let us finish the job.' We will hear it a million times before the 2015 election
- Sweden tops the best places to live if you’re old – but the UK didn't even make the top ten
- Men, I call on you all to stop driving
- Miley Cyrus Halloween costumes and slut-shaming
- The War on Drugs is a tool of state oppression
- The passing of a generation: Manmohan Singh's time as Indian Prime Minister is nearly up
- Cameron's speech at the Conservative Party conference: what he said, and what he meant
- Colombia's 50 year-war: An end in sight?
- Boris and David are now best friends – but for how long?
- Steve Ballmer’s theatrical farewell to Microsoft: Is fervour a help or hindrance to business success?
- At last! Playing air guitar is recognised as a genuinely creative act
- The US shutdown isn’t serious, but the reasons behind it are
- The best weapon against the far right? Empathy
- Screw Stoptober - smoking is cool
- Ed Miliband versus Paul Dacre: Going to war with the Daily Mail might actually be smart politics
- US Government shutdown: Their row, our holidays
- In or out of a squirrel suit, Dom Joly is never afraid to be bold
- HIV: Winning abroad, losing at home
- Kenya is looking East, but not for comfort
- Scrap HS2, and solve the North-South divide while you’re at it
- A wolf in Pope's clothing? Francis is not the progressive man he has been made out to be
- People who write about their cats used to make my eyes roll. How things change
- Life on Marsden: I'm fundamentally unable to communicate with small children
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nasser Hussain leads the race to fill national role
- The Light Roller: 2013 was not a classic season but there were still plenty of highlights
- Australia captain Michael Clarke suffers injury setback forcing him out of the tour to India and raising fears over Ashes fitness
- Record earns Dominic Sibley England Under-19s call-up
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World's top 100 universities: Manchester slips - so are Oxford, Cambridge and London the last elite institutions in Britain?
- University of London library director resigns over Shakespeare folio sale
- More university admissions tests on the way
- For the student who has everything: Now they've invented self-cleaning t-shirts
- Occupy Sussex protests reignite as university presses on with outsourcing
- Oxford University dons to strike?
- Joey Barton earns a start... at university
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45