Day In a Page
Tuesday, 1 October 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Out of this world: giant supervolcanoes found on ancient Mars
- Secrets of insect repellent DEET could prove decisive in the war on malaria, dengue and West Nile fever
- Jellyfish 'pulverizing' robots trained in Korea to hunt down their prey
- Flowers have bloomed for 240m years
- US government shutdown puts Mars rover to sleep
- Marcella Hazan: Ambassador for Italian cuisine who changed the way that Americans cooked
- AC Lyles: Film producer who worked in Hollywood for 75 years
- Sathima Bea Benjamin: Singer championed by Duke Ellington
- Robert Barnard: Writer who revelled in the traditions of the Golden Age of crime fiction
- Peter Broadbent: Creative force in the mighty Wolves side of the 1950s
- T-Model Ford: Hard-living blues singer
- Jack-Alain Léger: Writer and singer who worked under multiple guises
- Richard Sarafian: Film director best known for the existential road movie 'Vanishing Point'
- Shalom Yoran: Soldier who evaded the Nazis and fought with a Jewish resistance unit
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Daily Mail vs Ed Miliband - now the flames have really been stoked
- Who will inspire Lloyd Webber’s genius after Stephen Ward?
- A trip to the cinema is now almost the same thing as going wholesale junk-food shopping
- Geo-engineering has the potential to destroy as well as preserve
- Help to Buy will help the haves, not the have-nots
- Cameron responds to Miliband, but still keeps his options open
- Inside Westminster: 'Let us finish the job.' We will hear it a million times before the 2015 election
- Sweden tops the best places to live if you’re old – but the UK didn't even make the top ten
- Men, I call on you all to stop driving
- Miley Cyrus Halloween costumes and slut-shaming
- The War on Drugs is a tool of state oppression
- The passing of a generation: Manmohan Singh's time as Indian Prime Minister is nearly up
- Cameron's speech at the Conservative Party conference: what he said, and what he meant
- Colombia's 50 year-war: An end in sight?
- Boris and David are now best friends – but for how long?
- Steve Ballmer’s theatrical farewell to Microsoft: Is fervour a help or hindrance to business success?
- At last! Playing air guitar is recognised as a genuinely creative act
- The US shutdown isn’t serious, but the reasons behind it are
- The best weapon against the far right? Empathy
- Screw Stoptober - smoking is cool
- Ed Miliband versus Paul Dacre: Going to war with the Daily Mail might actually be smart politics
- US Government shutdown: Their row, our holidays
- In or out of a squirrel suit, Dom Joly is never afraid to be bold
- HIV: Winning abroad, losing at home
- Kenya is looking East, but not for comfort
- Scrap HS2, and solve the North-South divide while you’re at it
- A wolf in Pope's clothing? Francis is not the progressive man he has been made out to be
- People who write about their cats used to make my eyes roll. How things change
- Life on Marsden: I'm fundamentally unable to communicate with small children
- US Government shutdown: The angriest Twitter reaction
- David Cameron 2013 Conference speech: The Twitter reaction
- 5 erotic novels you should know exist (but you shouldn’t necessarily read)
- David Cameron doesn't know the price of value foods - but do you?
- Propa nawty Cockney geezer joins Eastenders: quotes from Danny Dyer
- US Government shutdown: What does it mean? And what are the papers saying?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World's top 100 universities: Manchester slips - so are Oxford, Cambridge and London the last elite institutions in Britain?
- University of London library director resigns over Shakespeare folio sale
- More university admissions tests on the way
- For the student who has everything: Now they've invented self-cleaning t-shirts
- Occupy Sussex protests reignite as university presses on with outsourcing
- Oxford University dons to strike?
- Joey Barton earns a start... at university
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'