Day In a Page
Monday, 29 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stunning images of night sky revealed as the Royal Observatory Greenwich announces shortlist for Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- Scientists grow human tooth using stem cells taken from urine
- Humans evolved monogamous relationships to stop men killing rivals' babies, says study
- Grizzly Bears resurgent in Yellowstone National Park after return of wolves
- Barnaby Jack: Ethical hacker and expert on security for computers
- Gary Shearston: Singer who had a hit with Cole Porter's 'I Get A Kick Out Of You'
- Mick Farren: Musician and writer who played a leading role in the UK's counter-culture
- Professor Dallas Willard: Philosopher who championed the cause of evangelicalism
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Of course Gareth Bale should go to Real Madrid. We may mourn his departure, but how can you expect loyalty in modern football?
- Cleared of aiding the enemy, Bradley Manning still faces a lifetime in jail. The very least we owe this heroic man is a debate on US foreign policy
- Justin Welby and now the Pope supporting gay rights: Trendy vicars, your time has come at last
- The fracking debate is more about power than energy
- Nick Clegg not involved in the the ‘go home’ campaign: how the ‘racist van’ is a way to win votes
- Is there bullying in your workplace? Here's why
- Coming to America? If it's a Sunday, get ready to queue
- Happiness index: Cheer up, you Chicken Lickens. Disaster isn’t just around the corner
- What makes a whistleblower? Bradley Manning follows in an illustrious tradition of truth-tellers
- It’s hard to know what to think about immigration. But not impossible
- Homogeneous nudity in lads' mags is bad, but not as bad as female-bashing 'news'
- Life on Marsden: I never thought I'd be thrown out of a bar. Let alone because of a suit jacket
- Fear and optimism mix as people face into another Mugabe-rigged election
- The European tide has turned. But can we be honest about it?
- Kristin Scott Thomas, embrace your new role as the invisible woman - we all disappear as we age
- How did Richard III turn into a PR plaything?
- If you ask me...Pack your gladiator sandals – you might have to kill while on holiday
- Blocking accounts isn't enough - Twitter needs a button to allow users to report online hate
- No Ball Games: Removing Banksy’s work from the street defeats the point
- Less is more with JJ Cale's accessible and unassuming music
- Theresa May isn't the only one - in the UK, 400,000 people like me are living with type 1 diabetes
- Prison privatisation won't work: effective, rehabilitating prisons are in all of our interests
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Keeping Mum
- You shouldn't pee on a jellyfish sting like in ‘Friends’ - and other medical myths
- Colin Murray, John Inverdale, Alan Shearer: Which BBC pundit irritates you most?
- Is jail the right punishment for jurors discussing their case outside of court?
- Poll: What have we learned from the Colin Murray, Jessica Ennis-Hill Twitter row?
- Following the online abuse suffered by Caroline Criado-Perez, does Twitter need a ‘report abuse’ button?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: England guard against complacency ahead of third Test against Australia
- Ashes 2013: Steve Finn dropped by ruthless England for Chris Tremlett
- Ashes 2013: James Anderson relishes a home stage finally fit for his talents
- Comment: Why don't Australia greats like Shane Warne coach the current crop?
- Ashes 2013: The enigma that is the Australia captain Michael Clarke
- Ashes 2013: It's been tough but we fight on, says not so jolly Chris Rogers
- Cricket World Cup brings old adversaries together again
- The Light Roller: Recalling familiar faces Chris Tremlett and Monty Panesar tells us a lot about the depth of England's talent pool
- England drawn against hosts Australia for 2015 Cricket World Cup
- Ashes 2013: Darren Lehmann plays down Australia's lack of top spin coach
- Ashes 2013: David Warner in contention for Australia recall for third Test
- F1: ‘Smooth-sailing’ Lewis Hamilton ready to ride wave of first win for title voyage
- F1: Fernando Alonso publicly rebuked by Ferrari president
- F1: Lewis Hamilton switch to Mercedes vindicated by victory says Ross Brawn
- F1: Indian Grand Prix on the skids, says Bernie Ecclestone
- F1: It’s a long shot, but victory in Hungary makes me think Lewis Hamilton can win the world title
- Formula One: Lewis Hamilton hopeful of challenge for title after victory at Hungarian Grand Prix
- F1: Sebastian Vettel blames himself rather than Red Bull for third place finish in Hungarian Grand Prix
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more