Day In a Page
Monday, 29 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stunning images of night sky revealed as the Royal Observatory Greenwich announces shortlist for Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- Scientists grow human tooth using stem cells taken from urine
- Humans evolved monogamous relationships to stop men killing rivals' babies, says study
- Grizzly Bears resurgent in Yellowstone National Park after return of wolves
- Gary Shearston: Singer who had a hit with Cole Porter's 'I Get A Kick Out Of You'
- Mick Farren: Musician and writer who played a leading role in the UK's counter-culture
- Barnaby Jack: Ethical hacker and expert on security for computers
- Professor Dallas Willard: Philosopher who championed the cause of evangelicalism
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- You shouldn't pee on a jellyfish sting like in ‘Friends’ - and other medical myths
- Colin Murray, John Inverdale, Alan Shearer: Which BBC pundit irritates you most?
- Is jail the right punishment for jurors discussing their case outside of court?
- Poll: What have we learned from the Colin Murray, Jessica Ennis-Hill Twitter row?
- Following the online abuse suffered by Caroline Criado-Perez, does Twitter need a ‘report abuse’ button?
- Of course Gareth Bale should go to Real Madrid. We may mourn his departure, but how can you expect loyalty in modern football?
- Cleared of aiding the enemy, Bradley Manning still faces a lifetime in jail. The very least we owe this heroic man is a debate on US foreign policy
- Justin Welby and now the Pope supporting gay rights: Trendy vicars, your time has come at last
- The fracking debate is more about power than energy
- Nick Clegg not involved in the the ‘go home’ campaign: how the ‘racist van’ is a way to win votes
- Is there bullying in your workplace? Here's why
- Coming to America? If it's a Sunday, get ready to queue
- Happiness index: Cheer up, you Chicken Lickens. Disaster isn’t just around the corner
- What makes a whistleblower? Bradley Manning follows in an illustrious tradition of truth-tellers
- It’s hard to know what to think about immigration. But not impossible
- Homogeneous nudity in lads' mags is bad, but not as bad as female-bashing 'news'
- Life on Marsden: I never thought I'd be thrown out of a bar. Let alone because of a suit jacket
- Fear and optimism mix as people face into another Mugabe-rigged election
- The European tide has turned. But can we be honest about it?
- Kristin Scott Thomas, embrace your new role as the invisible woman - we all disappear as we age
- How did Richard III turn into a PR plaything?
- If you ask me...Pack your gladiator sandals – you might have to kill while on holiday
- Blocking accounts isn't enough - Twitter needs a button to allow users to report online hate
- No Ball Games: Removing Banksy’s work from the street defeats the point
- Less is more with JJ Cale's accessible and unassuming music
- Theresa May isn't the only one - in the UK, 400,000 people like me are living with type 1 diabetes
- Prison privatisation won't work: effective, rehabilitating prisons are in all of our interests
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Keeping Mum
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: England guard against complacency ahead of third Test against Australia
- Ashes 2013: Steve Finn dropped by ruthless England for Chris Tremlett
- Ashes 2013: The enigma that is the Australia captain Michael Clarke
- The Light Roller: Recalling familiar faces Chris Tremlett and Monty Panesar tells us a lot about the depth of England's talent pool
- England drawn against hosts Australia for 2015 Cricket World Cup
- Ashes 2013: Darren Lehmann plays down Australia's lack of top spin coach
- Ashes 2013: David Warner in contention for Australia recall for third Test
- Ashes 2013: Nathan Lyon spins way back into contention for Australia after James Taylor hits century
- F1: ‘Smooth-sailing’ Lewis Hamilton ready to ride wave of first win for title voyage
- F1: Lewis Hamilton dedicates win in Hungary to ex-girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger
- F1: Fernando Alonso publicly rebuked by Ferrari president
- F1: Lewis Hamilton switch to Mercedes vindicated by victory says Ross Brawn
- F1: Indian Grand Prix on the skids, says Bernie Ecclestone
- F1: It’s a long shot, but victory in Hungary makes me think Lewis Hamilton can win the world title
- Formula One: Lewis Hamilton hopeful of challenge for title after victory at Hungarian Grand Prix
- F1: Sebastian Vettel blames himself rather than Red Bull for third place finish in Hungarian Grand Prix
- F1: Sebastian Vettel plays down anger at Kimi Raikkonen
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran