Day In a Page
Tuesday, 11 March 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- Chimpanzees are better at computer games than children, scientists claim
- Peacocks make fake sex noises to attract the attention of females
- Elephants can recognise the gender and ethnicity of human voices
- Man v Robot: Table tennis champion Timo Boll takes on Kuka robotic arm
- Transatlantic great white shark Lydia 'may be pregnant' says expedition leader
- Marion Thorpe: Pianist who fled the Nazis in 1938 before sacrificing her career for her family and going on to marry Jeremy Thorpe
- Gerard Mortier: Pioneering opera director whose career was dedicated to breaking traditions and pushing artistic boundaries
- Lord Bilston: Politician who championed the steel industry and was popular on both sides of the House of Commons
- ‘Wild Bill’Guarnere: Bemedalled soldier whose exploits in Europe were dramatised in the HBO series 'Band of Brothers'
- Eric James Mellon: Potter whose lyrical work was infused with his love of the storytelling powers of Ancient Greek ceramicists
- Bob Crow: Polarising but respected trade union leader who dedicated his career to improving pay and conditions for rail workers
- Mohammad Qasim Fahim: The first vice-president of Afghanistan, whose career was dogged by allegations of atrocities and corruption
- Roy Warhurst: Dynamic midfielder known as 'The Destroyer' who helped Birmingham City blaze a trail in 1950s Europe
- James Ellis: Actor best known as Bert Lynch in 'Z-Cars' credited with helping Northern Irish actors succeed on the mainland
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Obama has chosen his side in the war Congress is waging on the errant CIA
- Three cheers for the marriage tax break
- One Direction fans should be lobbying the band, not just George Osborne
- Clegg’s free school meals plan may have some glitches, but who cares?
- It would be so much fun to say that Roy Jenkins remade Britain in his own degenerate image. The only problem is, it isn’t true
- The Last of the Unjust: Did I not get it? Or is the New Yorker's film critic wrong this time?
- As Caribbean nations call for compensation, it's time for Britain to examine its own history in the slave trade
- Britain isolated is Britain undone. When will Eurosceptics realise that the era of the nation state has ended?
- Banning ‘bossy’: what's so threatening?
- PMQs review: Did Clegg just put paid to a Lib-Lab coalition?
- Tinder isn't for teens, so why are so many using the app?
- i Editor's Letter: These students are not giving up on Westminster
- Nigel Farage: Ukip funding is only an issue because the Establishment is running scared
- Letter from Asia: A choral work honouring Malala unites Karachi and Crouch End
- A month ago, Bob Crow was reviled as a pina-colada-sipping hypocrite. But even Boris will miss him now he’s gone
- Bob Crow death: A geezer with a Millwall scarf, but also a singularly effective unionist
- As next week’s Budget approaches, ignore anything worth less than £5bn – it’s economically irrelevant
- Who’s scared of the word ‘cancer’, Katie Hopkins? I am.
- Bob Crow: He was one of a kind, from a time when union leaders used their industrial muscle
- Bob Crow death: This union leader was different, rare and largely misunderstood
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: An explosion cannot be ruled out
- i Editor's Letter: Blessed with high-calibre investigative journalists
- Revelations about Cleveland Police cannot be ignored
- Ed Miliband is right to rule out a 2017 referendum on EU membership, but for all the wrong reasons
- Evidence at last that Lockerbie was not a Libyan bomb
- Crisis at Co-op: The debacle over Euan Sutherland’s pay only confirms that he was not the right person to be running the mutual
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World Twenty20 2014: Ashley Giles exasperated by England batting woes
- Jos Buttler's Caribbean cameo cannot hide World Twenty20 worries
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Cricketer Herschelle Gibbs tweets 'lol #neveradullmoment' after autographed bat is used as evidence
- The Light Roller: Kevin Pietersen's 'sacking' was a convenient illusion
- West Indies Tour: Graham Thorpe calls for improvement from England's World Twenty20 hopefuls after injury troubles
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Sire De Grugy wins Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Jezki wins Champion Hurdle, with Hurricane Fly in fourth
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Sun set to shine on Ruby at ‘magical’ meeting
- Cheltenham Festival: Queen Mother Champion Chase victory for Sire De Grugy proves popularity of Moores' family affair
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Jezki glory eclipsed by the sad demise of Our Conor
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Jockey Ruby Walsh angers welfare groups by describing horses as 'replaceable'
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: O'Faolains Boy wins duel with Smad Place for the RSA Chase
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Ruby Walsh clarifies comments that horses are 'expendable' following death of Our Conor
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Ageing Europe can regain crown in Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Our Conor death after fall in Champion Hurdle fails to dampen spirits at Cheltenham
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Ruby Walsh rides Vautour to victory in Supreme Novices' Hurdle
- From Hoof Hearted to Better Than Sex: The funniest racehorse names
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Hurricane ready to fly to a third Hurdle triumph
- Cheltenham Festival 2014: Champion Jason Maguire out after fracturing sternum
- Cheltenham Festival Diary: Big Buck's hopes to win in yellow
- Cheltenham Diary: Jason Maguire surgery offers strong hope
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- UK offers best 'superfast' broadband in Europe
- Face it - this is what you always wanted a driverless car for
- The Web is 25: And Twitter gets all nostalgic
- Titanfall: Xbox Live recovers after jitters; fans hold their breath for UK launch
- The Web is 25: 10 things you need to know about the web (including how much it weighs)
- The Web is 25: Let's look at some baby photos of your favourite websites
- iOS 7.1: How to get iPhone update, and what to do once you've got it
- Titanfall review round-up: 'Plot? Narrative? We've got giant robots blowing each other up'
- Mapping the tubes: The hidden world of undersea cables that make up the internet
- Apple iOS 7.1 update: Boxes are out, circles are in; CarPlay support and no more random resets
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 Q&A: What do we know about what happened?
- No repeat of Terminal 5 horror show when new 'Queen's Terminal' opens this June, Heathrow authorities insist
- Travel deals: Get away to Greece, relax in Bali or catch the end of the ski season
- 5 ways to... Take a cycling holiday
- Come to Crimea: Could tourism help heal the divisions in Ukraine?
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The i debate verdict: ‘We can’t run away from Westminster politics’
- 'Mentally tough' female students do better than their male counterparts, study finds
- Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- From seminars to Sunderland: Young footballer Duncan Watmore on the unique challenges of balancing top-level sport with a full-time degree in economics
- Imran Khan's nephew Hassan Niazi apologises for homophobic language during City University SU presidency campaign
- Government to remove funding from balloon artistry and other low-value courses
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Number of global billionaires has doubled since the financial crisis
- 3 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 4 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 5 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'