Day In a Page
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tube strike 2014: Embattled RMT insists next wave of strike action is ‘on’ amid fresh row over effectiveness of walkout
- Wikipedia articles about Cherie Blair and Muslim terrorists 'altered by government computers'
- Meredith Kercher killing: Kercher and Knox had fight over money on night of the British student's death, says Italian court
- Tube strike 2014: Save the Children's sobering tweet to first world problems
- East Midlands Airport shut down after cargo jet's landing gear fails
- Ukip MEP Roger Helmer: People should be able to dislike homosexuality like they do different types of tea
- Tube strike map April 2014: Which lines will be closed? And when will it go on until?
- Jeremy Paxman quits Newsnight after 25 years
- Kurt Cobain’s suicide note: Did Nirvana frontman accuse Courtney Love of ‘siphoning’ his money in disparaging letter?
- Wilko Johnson, diagnosed with terminal cancer, undergoes pioneering operation which could save his life
- Bob Hoskins dead: Stephen Fry and BAFTA lead tributes to the late Hook and Mona Lisa actor, who has died of pneumonia aged 71
- Bob Hoskins dead: 7 things you didn’t know about the actor from Jamie T music video to hatred of Super Mario
- Bob Hoskins dead: Actor dies after battle with pneumonia, aged 71
- Who is Daisy Ridley? Star Wars 7 unknown becomes overnight internet sensation
- Ellen Page on coming out as gay: ‘I want to love someone freely and walk down the street and hold my girlfriend’s hand’
- Peaches Geldof cause of death to be confirmed at inquest tomorrow
- Scorpions drummer James Kottak imprisoned in Dubai for offensive behaviour after insulting Islam and exposing himself
- Rihanna topless magazine cover: Singer pushes Instagram too far, as social platform bans naked picture
- Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas split: Royal wedding bets are off just one month after couple's first official engagement
- Beyonce ‘harms children’ and is ‘part of the problem’ with black teenage pregnancy, claims US TV host Bill O’Reilly
- Rihanna sued by former head of security over claims that she made ‘nauseatingly offensive’ comments about him
- George Clooney resigns from United Nations peacekeeping role because he’s just too busy
- Max Clifford guilty: Simon Cowell is first high profile client to disassociate himself from publicist after he is ‘horrified’ at teenage sexual assault verdict
- Lily Allen explains return to music: Sheezus star missed ‘free clothes and handbags’
- George Clooney engaged: Actor’s mum confirms ‘happy news’, as Amal Alamuddin’s chambers break ranks to release statement
- Rupert Everett on prostitutes and social cleansing: ‘It's important Soho doesn't lose its rough edges’
- Billy Connolly reacted to Parkinson’s and prostate cancer double diagnosis by blowing a raspberry and remaining 'business-like'
- Robbie Williams and wife Ayda Field expecting second baby: Those left nauseous after ‘we’re practising’ overshare can finally stop worrying
- Stem cells used to heal damaged hearts for the first time
- Birds living in Chernobyl's shadow are adapting to the radiation, say scientists
- High doses of antidepressants 'double chances of suicidal behaviour in teens'
- Would you push a stranger off a bridge? How your morals depend on language
- The simple tests that tell if you’ll live to a ripe old age
- Real-life Atlantis? The world's megacities that are sinking 10 times faster than water levels are rising
- Scientists find explanation for why women may seem more scared of mice than men
- Malcolm Tierney: Character actor who specialised in villains and rogues and was best known for his roles in 'Brookside' and 'Lovejoy'
- Ryan Tandy: Rugby league player whose career was overshadowed by personal demons and who was banned for match-fixing
- Bob Gray: Public relations executive who worked for two US presidents and became a highly sought-after lobbyist
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Some swearing offends, and some doesn’t. It’s all about context
- If Jeremy Paxman worked in Pakistan, he'd be lucky to be alive
- Vince Cable won’t apologise – but at least he could reveal all
- #Weareallmonkeys: Can a picture of a banana fight racism?
- Talk to the trees, Boris
- Talking Points: Johnny Borrell and where not to eat dinner
- Are we fair game for harassment because we support Ukip?
- Nigel Farage has bottled his by-election chance, and Ukip is over
- What’s impressive about Thomas Piketty is his analysis not his politics
- Bob Hoskins death: He leaves a rich and varied legacy
- Star Wars 7: The question on everyone's mind - will it actually be any good?
- Confession time: I prefer corporate chains to independent shops
- Nigel Farage is making waves but he lacks a crucial quality in leadership: courage
- What does the latest accolade for Lupita Nyong'o say about the 'acceptability' of black skin in the film and fashion worlds?
- Inside Whitehall: A sober look at costs led to the alcohol price U-turn
- So why isn’t it racist when other parties talk about controlling immigration?
- A huge UK-based company is the subject of a takeover by an even bigger US-based company. Should we be worried?
- Nigel Farage: My response to Barbara Roche
- Max Clifford guilty verdict: To inflict suffering and feel no shame - that is the mystery of men like this
- World's 50 best restaurants list: food isn't the only ingredient to judge
- Letter from the Deputy Business Editor: Royal Mail's hedge fund shareholders
- Ann Maguire stabbing: Britain can learn more from the life of this much-loved teacher than her violent, shocking and untimely death
- Clayton Lockett: The torturous death of one convict at the hands of an American state refreshes and distils the case for repeal
- Royal Mail sell-off: Why did Mr Cable trust these cash-hungry corporations?
- The likely result of this election will bring Iraq little comfort
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Senna anniversary: The death of Roland Ratzenberger – Imola's forgotten tragedy
- Ayrton Senna: Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela and Senna - how a racing diver gained near demigod status to the people of Brazil
- Ayrton Senna: The one positive from Senna's death has seen safety improvements prevent any further deaths in F1 20 years on
- Ayrton Senna: The Black Weekend - Remembering the tragic weekend at Imola 20 years ago that saw the death of Senna and Roland Ratzenberger
- Ayrton Senna: Senna in his own words as world remembers the 20th anniversary of his fatal crash
- Ayrton Senna: The Brazilian's greatest drives as the world remembers 20th anniversary of his death
- Ayrton Senna: Brazilian takes his place among our 10 best F1 drivers
- Ayrton Senna: McLaren chief Ron Dennis still struggles to talk about tragic death of Ayrton Senna ahead of 20th Anniversary of fatal Imola crash
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Do you need a curved TV? We talk to Samsung about their newly launched curved sets
- Anonymous social network Secret comes to UK
- MIT to establish 'Bitcoin ecosystem' by giving away the cryptocurrency to every student
- China ends its ban on foreign games console with Microsoft's Xbox One
- Google removes ‘deceptive’ adverts placed by American anti-abortion groups
- Destiny: Everything you need to know about Bungie's hyped "shared world shooter"
- MacBook Air update: Apple adds Haswell chips and drops prices by £100 across the board
- The Twitter effect: Why using social media too much can lead to divorce
- Google's self-driving cars are now tackling street driving, but are they too wimpy?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Plebgate: Andrew Mitchell’s reputation in tatters as judge rules he used the word ‘pleb’
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship