Day In a Page
Saturday, 7 June 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tatyana Samoilova obituary: Star of ‘The Cranes are Flying’, which won the Palme d’Or at Cannes and changed perceptions of the Soviet Union
- Yuri Kochiyama obituary: Civil rights activist who won reparations for wartime internees and who was with Malcolm X when he died
- Professor Lorna Casselton obituary: Internationally renowned biologist who did much to elucidate the genetic basis of fungal mating
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Religion is no reason to let the ill-qualified become teachers
- Once we were citizens, now we are consumers. The BBC no longer knows its audience
- Does the result in Newark confirm Ed Miliband as a Neil Kinnock?
- Grace Dent on TV: Why wouldn’t a cat start lobbying for John West tuna chunks at 4am?
- The ECB brandishes a feather duster instead of a bazooka as it goes into battle for the euro
- “Reward MH370”: We need to have faith in those who govern
- An audience with ‘the Tiger’ – Bashar al-Assad’s favourite soldier
- If you want to stop extremism in UK schools, try a little understanding first.
- The ‘D-Day rascal’ lets us indulge a modern pastime – patronising the old
- The Only Way is Ethics
- The 'anti-homeless spikes' are just one part of a bleak tale for rough sleepers
- In the war on terrorism, only al-Qa'ida thrives
- Is Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl's release a success story – or a scandal?
- Let's hear it for bookshops
- We want Bernard's D-Day story, not my uncle Frank's
- Gordon Brown's moral courage
- Looking for my Dad on the D-Day beaches
- It seems that some national caricatures are allowable... if they're complimentary
- Tomorrow's jobs are much like today's – except for one thing...
- My GCSE triumph, or how Michael Gove got it right
- i Editor's Letter: We owe much to the heroic men of Normandy
- Middle Class Problems: Why are British homeowners obsessed with plantation shutters?
- DJ Taylor: The neutral observer might assume Darren is a management consultant - but the memo states he's an 'upshifting technocrat'
- Tim Key: 'What does it take to get a drink round here? Gurning's getting me nowhere...'
- Alison Taylor: I'm more 'You've Been Framed!' than 'You and Your Wedding'. It's more honest
- Charlotte Philby's Parental Leave: It's important not to shelter children from the realities of life, I decide
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US Open 2014: Matt Fitzpatrick - ‘They thought that I was just some kid fetching practice balls for Tiger’
- US Open 2014: Jason Millard disqualified from competing at Pinehurst for belatedly calling a penalty on himself, admitting 'I couldn't find peace about it'
- US Open 2014: Phil Mickelson looks back on track despite distractions
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo stuns Mercedes to claim first GP victory
- Canadian GP qualifying: Nico Rosberg beats his ‘friend’ Lewis Hamilton again
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Organisers confirm agreement that will see Montreal remain on the Formula One calendar for the next 10 years
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Christian Horner maintains belief that Red Bull can hunt down runaway leaders Mercedes
- Andy Murray confirms appointment of Amélie Mauresmo following split with Ivan Lendl
- French Open 2014: Novak Djokovic believing in miracles ahead of final
- French Open women's final 2014: Maria Sharapova topples Simona Halep in 'toughest' final she's ever played
- French Open 2014: Maria Sharapova focus turns from Paris victory to Wimbledon
- French Open final 2014: It’s five in a row now for Rafael Nadal, still king of France...
- Maria Sharapova celebrates French Open win with Eiffel Tower photo shoot
- Amelie Mauresmo looking forward to challenge of helping Andy Murray retain his Wimbledon crown rather than breaking the mould of coaching a male player
- French Open 2014: Andy Murray sets Wimbledon sights on Rafael Nadal after his humbling in Paris
- French Open final 2014: Rafael Nadal bids to win title five times in a row but must overcome his fierce rival Novak Djokovic who continues his hunt for maiden French title
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scoring the winner at the World Cup 2014: Which of the qualifying countries look the most appealing to investors?
- Donald MacInnes: Why my conscience is priceless...I'm too scared to take a bribe
- Money Insider: MBNA's new "Low Rate" credit card offers overdraft relief
- Derek Pain: Not easy being green with TEG, but I'm bowled over by Essenden
- Bargain Hunter: How to save money on train journeys, good music and a little fun
- Five Questions On: CDC pension schemes
- Questions of Cash: My elderly mother's move to a flat has been a nightmare
- Are you due an energy supplier refund?
- Mark Dampier: Neil Woodford's fund may be new, but he has a great track record
- Simon Read: Don't fall prey to courier tricksters
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson