Eco-tax will cut bills, says Huhne
Thursday 24 November 2011
Rising gas prices are set to push up costs for consumers, but energy saving policies will help to save £94 on household bills by 2020, Climate Change Secretary Chris Huhne claimed yesterday.
Mr Huhne insisted the Government was meeting energy demand at the lowest cost possible by insulating homes and steering away from a dependence on fossil fuels. While the Government could not control rising world gas prices, it could "soften the blow", he told Parliament, with policies that would overall deliver a saving of 7 per cent on bills.
Why are moths fatally attracted to light?
At long last, Australia is able to halt the relentless advance of the cane toad
Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past
How we must adjust our lifestyles to nature: Welcome to the 'Anthropocene', the human epoch
Is a controversial breeding project the saviour of wild salmon, or is it wreaking havoc with nature?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...