Wheelie bins 'have hit house prices'
Thursday 23 September 2010
A Torbay resident plans to sue her local council because its new recycling bins have allegedly cut the value of her home. Judie Chisholm, 57, of Paignton, Devon, is seeking £5,000 compensation.
She alleges its new wheeled bins are "unsuitable" for her needs and have killed her house's "kerb appeal". Her letter was prompted by the start of a recycling scheme on 6 September which drew 6,000 complaints in its first day.
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
musicThe 21-year-old beat Ella Eyre and Chlöe Howl to win the honour
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £40000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Biomass I...
£45000 - £55000 Per Annum Extensive Benefits Package: Clearwater People Soluti...
£30000 - £42500 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: Working in conjunction with ...
£44999 - £60001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier firm i...