Cambodian police shoot dead activist in forest
An environmentalist has been shot dead in a confrontation with military police near a forest where illegal logging reportedly takes place.
A military police spokesman said Chut Wutty, who was director of the National Resources Protection Group, was shot in a clash at a checkpoint in Koh Kong province during which the activist also shot dead a military police officer. A human rights group said the activist was shot when he refused to hand over photos taken in the forest.
From the blogs
David Prior's very personal reason for thinkg that investigators need appropriate expertise
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Lord Lawson's climate-change think tank risks being dismantled after complaint it persistently misled public
'To farm I have to rape the countryside. It’s got to be wrong': The true effect of the badger cull
Mind how ewe go: the sheep-eating killer plant that’s ready to bloom
The 10 best folding bikes
10 best hiking boots
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...