Falcon chicks nabbed from nest
Three newly hatched peregrine falcon chicks have been stolen from their nest on top of a building in Kingston.
Wildlife officers said that thieves may have risked "life and limb" to get to the chicks, which can fetch £10,000 on the black market. The RSPB said that the birds are often captured for use in falconry, but that thefts from urban areas were unheard of.
"Peregrines are more vulnerable in remote areas," Duncan McNiven, of the RSPB's investigations team, said. "For thieves to strike in the middle of town is a bold move and a worrying development." Peregrine falcons, a protected species, have increasingly moved to urban areas in recent years.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...