Sea lions: not big Shakira fans
New just in from, er, a popstar's Facebook page: Shakira, holidaying in Cape Town, has has had a close shave with a sea lion.
On the site, she explains that "it looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me". Shakira reckons the sea lion went for her because she was taking its photo, and it must have though her camera was a fish. Not so, say the experts.
"Wild sea lions wouldn't bother humans unless they felt threatened," explains Lisa Ayres, sea lion keeper at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. "It's not advisable to approach them".
Bear that in mind, Londoners, as Whipsnade's five sea lions are currently on a holiday of their own – a city break at London Zoo while their quarters are being refurbished.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...