West Country gets £50 bill rebates for beach cleaning
Sunday 26 February 2012
Water bill payers in the West Country are to receive £50 a year from the Government under plans to be unveiled this week.
David Cameron says financial help is needed because the region has "paid unfair charges to provide clean beaches for many of us who do not live in the South West".
Thirty per cent of England's coast is within Devon and Cornwall, but the bill is picked up by just 3 per cent of the population.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£45000 per annum + pension,medical: Ashdown Group: A successful & reputable gl...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + pension, healthcare,25 days: Ashdown Group: An est...
£35000 per annum + £5k bonus, car: Ashdown Group: A successful business that h...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A large and well established business is look...