Pocket accountant: 10 best money saving apps
Want to keep track of your spending, cut bills or find the best deals?
Thursday 13 February 2014
Managing your expenses is a necessary, if arduous, chore. If you frequently recoil in horror at the sight of your bank balance, yet you constantly wonder where all your hard-earned cash is disappearing to, then maybe you need a little help.
From the handy barcode scanner feature on the mySuperList app to the virtual loyalty card wallet that is Loyalli, download these 10 apps to save you time, money and effort.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Both the Onavo and 0870 apps are great for cutting down costs to your phone bill, while the Meter Readings app is perfect if you want to avoid any nasty surprises from your energy supplier. However, Vouchercloud wins it for scouring fantastic deals on restaurants and shops just a stone’s throw away from wherever you may be.
2. MoneyWiz, £2.99 for iPhone, iPad and Mac
9. Fuel Economy Calculator, £0.69 for iPhone and iPad
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights