Pocket accountant: 10 best money saving apps
Want to keep track of your spending, cut bills or find the best deals?
Thursday 13 February 2014
Managing your expenses is a necessary, if arduous, chore. If you frequently recoil in horror at the sight of your bank balance, yet you constantly wonder where all your hard-earned cash is disappearing to, then maybe you need a little help.
From the handy barcode scanner feature on the mySuperList app to the virtual loyalty card wallet that is Loyalli, download these 10 apps to save you time, money and effort.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Both the Onavo and 0870 apps are great for cutting down costs to your phone bill, while the Meter Readings app is perfect if you want to avoid any nasty surprises from your energy supplier. However, Vouchercloud wins it for scouring fantastic deals on restaurants and shops just a stone’s throw away from wherever you may be.
2. MoneyWiz, £2.99 for iPhone, iPad and Mac
9. Fuel Economy Calculator, £0.69 for iPhone and iPad
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more