Pocket accountant: 10 best money saving apps
Want to keep track of your spending, cut bills or find the best deals?
Thursday 13 February 2014
Managing your expenses is a necessary, if arduous, chore. If you frequently recoil in horror at the sight of your bank balance, yet you constantly wonder where all your hard-earned cash is disappearing to, then maybe you need a little help.
From the handy barcode scanner feature on the mySuperList app to the virtual loyalty card wallet that is Loyalli, download these 10 apps to save you time, money and effort.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Both the Onavo and 0870 apps are great for cutting down costs to your phone bill, while the Meter Readings app is perfect if you want to avoid any nasty surprises from your energy supplier. However, Vouchercloud wins it for scouring fantastic deals on restaurants and shops just a stone’s throw away from wherever you may be.
2. MoneyWiz, £2.99 for iPhone, iPad and Mac
9. Fuel Economy Calculator, £0.69 for iPhone and iPad
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Parma, Missouri: 80 per cent of town's police quit after first black mayor is elected
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Google search history can now be downloaded in its entirety, mass embarrassment expected