Pocket accountant: 10 best money saving apps
Want to keep track of your spending, cut bills or find the best deals?
Thursday 13 February 2014
Managing your expenses is a necessary, if arduous, chore. If you frequently recoil in horror at the sight of your bank balance, yet you constantly wonder where all your hard-earned cash is disappearing to, then maybe you need a little help.
From the handy barcode scanner feature on the mySuperList app to the virtual loyalty card wallet that is Loyalli, download these 10 apps to save you time, money and effort.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Both the Onavo and 0870 apps are great for cutting down costs to your phone bill, while the Meter Readings app is perfect if you want to avoid any nasty surprises from your energy supplier. However, Vouchercloud wins it for scouring fantastic deals on restaurants and shops just a stone’s throw away from wherever you may be.
2. MoneyWiz, £2.99 for iPhone, iPad and Mac
9. Fuel Economy Calculator, £0.69 for iPhone and iPad
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says