The Saturday Quiz
1. Which philosopher (1889-1951) said: "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent"?
2. In The Importance of Being Earnest, what is Lady Bracknell's first name?
3. His only album was Grace (1994). In 1997, he drowned in the Mississippi River. Who?
4. In 2012, which leader of a major Western European country waived his salary?
5. In 1965, Mariner 4 took the first close-up photos of what?
6. Which city was Australia's seat of government before it moved to Canberra in 1927?
7. In the Greek myth, from which island did Icarus take off?
8. The Duchess of Cambridge's first engagement post-pregnancy announcement was seen by 14m TV viewers. What was it?
9. According to the title of this 1894 novel (subsequently filmed), where was King Rudolf of Ruritania held prisoner?
10. "Does exactly what it says on the tin" was first coined about which product?
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 4 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories