1. Which chain of stores, founded by Sam Walton, began life in Rogers, Arkansas in 1962?
2. What did the Bechstein Hall – a London classical music venue – change its name to in 1917?
3. Which word used to describe a high-ranking bureaucrat has its origins in imperial China?
4. Rupert Everett, Kenneth Branagh, Daniel Day-Lewis and Colin Firth all featured in an early 1980s West End production of which play?
5. The Holte End can be found at which Premier League club's ground?
6. In 1974, which country was invaded by Turkey?
7. The Île d'Orléans is located in which non-French river?
8. Stag's Leap by Sharon Olds recently won which prize?
9. "Brush Up Your Shakespeare": a song from which 1948 musical?
10. Neo-Plasticism – a 20th-century art movement that emphasised primary colours and straight lines – originated in which European country?
Twitter: @SimonOHaganReuse content