The Saturday Quiz
1. Touching the Void, the mountaineering book by Joe Simpson, tells of an incident on which mountain range?
2. What was founded by David Karp, launched in 2007, and has just been sold for $1.1bn?
3. Rome is the capital of which Italian region?
4. Bill Shankly, Bobby Charlton and David Beckham all played for which club?
5. Currer Bell was the pen name of which leading 19th-century novelist?
6. Which major work by Elgar is a setting of an 1865 poem of John Henry Newman?
7. Hans-Gert Pottering, voted in when elections were first held in 1979, is the longest-serving member of what?
8. "Happy. Free. Confused. Lonely. At the same time." The Twitter profile of which leading US female singer-songwriter, born 1989?
9. Vivien Merchant was his first wife, from 1956 to 1980. From 1980 until his death in 2008, he was married to who?
10. The most watched French TV channel is what?
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope