1. Which trumpeter was known as the Prince of Cool?
2. Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms is set during which war?
3. In the Beyond the Fringe sketch, which part was the one-legged Mr Spiggot auditioning for?
4. In 1582, the Gregorian calendar succeeded which calendar?
5. In 1983 which Japan-based company became the first to sponsor the Football League?
6. Picasso's Blue Period (1901-1904) was followed by which colour period (1904-1906)?
7. The record for the most number of people performing karaoke – 120,000 – is claimed of a concert given by which British singer at Knebworth in 2003?
8. The largest city square in the EU – in English, Parade Square – is in which eastern European capital?
9. The official external broadcaster of the US is called what?
10. The world's first woman prime minister took office in 1960 in which Asian country?
Twitter: @SimonOHaganReuse content