1. Which trumpeter was known as the Prince of Cool?
2. Ernest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms is set during which war?
3. In the Beyond the Fringe sketch, which part was the one-legged Mr Spiggot auditioning for?
4. In 1582, the Gregorian calendar succeeded which calendar?
5. In 1983 which Japan-based company became the first to sponsor the Football League?
6. Picasso's Blue Period (1901-1904) was followed by which colour period (1904-1906)?
7. The record for the most number of people performing karaoke – 120,000 – is claimed of a concert given by which British singer at Knebworth in 2003?
8. The largest city square in the EU – in English, Parade Square – is in which eastern European capital?
9. The official external broadcaster of the US is called what?
10. The world's first woman prime minister took office in 1960 in which Asian country?