Students: start thinking about your future now. i, the concise, quality newspaper, is on the lookout for self-motivated, energetic and organised Student Brand Ambassadors across selected UK university campuses (see below for full list of universities).
This is your chance to come and work for an innovative national newspaper and create excitement and awareness about our brand across your campus and among your fellow students. We want you to be our eyes and ears on campus, managing a range of promotional tasks, as well as coordinating events and helping to generate student content for the www.independent.co.uk/student website and the i newspaper.
You will have the support and guidance of our regional Sales & Marketing Managers and you will report into our Senior Marketing Executive, and benefit from contact with our editorial team.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for undergraduates interested in a career in newspapers, who are keen to start accruing their experience now.
We are looking for second-year undergraduates who are enthusiastic, self-starting individuals with a passion for our brand and the world of newspapers and journalism. You must have good contacts at your university, have your ear to the ground as to what’s coming up, and be great at networking. An interest in the arts and music would be an advantage. You will need to have strong writing skills and be well-organised, balancing your work schedule with your academic commitments. This is a paid-for role.
- Be 2nd year undergraduates, pursuing a career in media, marketing or newspapers
- Have an interest in music and the arts
- Be skilled in writing and be able to provide evidence of published work (University newspaper, for example)
- Be able to work during term time
- Have access to a computer with high-speed internet access
- Have a good Twitter presence
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Benefits of being an i SBA:
- Chance to work for an award-winning national newspaper
- Gain invaluable experience in marketing and event management
- Build contacts and wider networks on campus
- The chance to have your work published in i newspaper or on www.independent.co.uk/student
- Free i subscription
- This is a paid-for role
There is also the chance for SBAs to gain work experience with the editorial team during vacations (based on SBA performance)
Please email your CV, along with 250 words telling us why you’d like the job as well as suggesting how we could promote i at your university, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and your university in the subject heading. Deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 January 2015. Skype interviews will be conducted w/c 26 January.
Where are we recruiting?
Bournemouth UniversityReuse content