Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£16000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Their research appears at the f...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment C...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This exciting startup disruptin...
The Business Matrix: Friday 29 November 2013
Blockbuster to leave high street
Failed movies and games rental business Blockbuster will disappear from the high street after administrators could not find a buyer. All 2,000 staff are expected to lose their jobs, with 182 lost as a further 30 stores were shut yesterday.
Rio Tinto to boost production in Oz
Rio Tinto said it had found $3bn (£1.8bn) of savings from plans to increase production in iron ore-rich Western Australia. Increasing production in the area is cheaper than opening fresh mines. Rio has deferred decisions at two new sites.
Marston's is thirsty to sell off 202 pubs
Marston's has sold 202 pubs as it said it would speed up disposals of drinks-led outlets and build more new food-led pubs. The brewer reported annual profits of £88m.
Walker snapped up by Publicis
Walker Media, one of the leading media agencies in the UK, is to become part of Publicis' ZenithOptimedia after M&C Saatchi sold a 75% stake in the business for £36m.
Edrington plans whisky distillery
Edrington, the Scottish spirits producer, has announced plans for a new Speyside distillery for its scotch brand The Macallan. The group is to invest more than £100m.
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
- 3 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road