Today's letter from the Editor
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
The Business Matrix: Friday 29 November 2013
Blockbuster to leave high street
Failed movies and games rental business Blockbuster will disappear from the high street after administrators could not find a buyer. All 2,000 staff are expected to lose their jobs, with 182 lost as a further 30 stores were shut yesterday.
Rio Tinto to boost production in Oz
Rio Tinto said it had found $3bn (£1.8bn) of savings from plans to increase production in iron ore-rich Western Australia. Increasing production in the area is cheaper than opening fresh mines. Rio has deferred decisions at two new sites.
Marston's is thirsty to sell off 202 pubs
Marston's has sold 202 pubs as it said it would speed up disposals of drinks-led outlets and build more new food-led pubs. The brewer reported annual profits of £88m.
Walker snapped up by Publicis
Walker Media, one of the leading media agencies in the UK, is to become part of Publicis' ZenithOptimedia after M&C Saatchi sold a 75% stake in the business for £36m.
Edrington plans whisky distillery
Edrington, the Scottish spirits producer, has announced plans for a new Speyside distillery for its scotch brand The Macallan. The group is to invest more than £100m.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace