Today's letter from the Editor
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A challenging opportunity for a...
The Business Matrix: Friday 29 November 2013
Blockbuster to leave high street
Failed movies and games rental business Blockbuster will disappear from the high street after administrators could not find a buyer. All 2,000 staff are expected to lose their jobs, with 182 lost as a further 30 stores were shut yesterday.
Rio Tinto to boost production in Oz
Rio Tinto said it had found $3bn (£1.8bn) of savings from plans to increase production in iron ore-rich Western Australia. Increasing production in the area is cheaper than opening fresh mines. Rio has deferred decisions at two new sites.
Marston's is thirsty to sell off 202 pubs
Marston's has sold 202 pubs as it said it would speed up disposals of drinks-led outlets and build more new food-led pubs. The brewer reported annual profits of £88m.
Walker snapped up by Publicis
Walker Media, one of the leading media agencies in the UK, is to become part of Publicis' ZenithOptimedia after M&C Saatchi sold a 75% stake in the business for £36m.
Edrington plans whisky distillery
Edrington, the Scottish spirits producer, has announced plans for a new Speyside distillery for its scotch brand The Macallan. The group is to invest more than £100m.
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit