Today's letter from the Editor
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
The Business Matrix: Monday 22 October 2012
Investors enjoy £23.2bn payout
Investors in UK stock market listed companies enjoyed a record £23.2bn total dividend payout in the third quarter. Capita's quarterly dividend monitor reveals that the payout is up 10.4 per cent on last year, although underlying growth has started to slow. The figures suggest companies are either sitting on cash or paying it out as dividends rather than investing it.
Customers 'will move' accounts
As many as 14 million people are prepared to shift their bank accounts when new legislation comes into force next year. Almost one in three high street bank customers told YouGov that they were very or highly likely to move bank if the process was made simpler. Recent figures from Which? said 55 per cent of people had never switched their current account.
- 1 Student jailed for hacking University of Birmingham computers to improve his grades
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world