This weekend marks the celebrations for this year's summer solstice – but forget visiting Stonehenge. Hugh Thomson prefers the wonders of its nearby rival, the largest stone circle in England
Today's letter from the Editor
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...
The Business Matrix: Monday 22 October 2012
Investors enjoy £23.2bn payout
Investors in UK stock market listed companies enjoyed a record £23.2bn total dividend payout in the third quarter. Capita's quarterly dividend monitor reveals that the payout is up 10.4 per cent on last year, although underlying growth has started to slow. The figures suggest companies are either sitting on cash or paying it out as dividends rather than investing it.
Customers 'will move' accounts
As many as 14 million people are prepared to shift their bank accounts when new legislation comes into force next year. Almost one in three high street bank customers told YouGov that they were very or highly likely to move bank if the process was made simpler. Recent figures from Which? said 55 per cent of people had never switched their current account.
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats