Today's letter from the Editor
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - HIGHEST QUALITY INTERNATIONAL ...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Relationship Manager, London, Banking, Accountant...
£15 - £17 per hour: Ashdown Group: Marketing & PR Assistant - Kentish Town are...
£250 - £300 per day: Orgtel: Senior Network Integration/Test Engineer Berkshir...
The Business Matrix: Monday 22 October 2012
Investors enjoy £23.2bn payout
Investors in UK stock market listed companies enjoyed a record £23.2bn total dividend payout in the third quarter. Capita's quarterly dividend monitor reveals that the payout is up 10.4 per cent on last year, although underlying growth has started to slow. The figures suggest companies are either sitting on cash or paying it out as dividends rather than investing it.
Customers 'will move' accounts
As many as 14 million people are prepared to shift their bank accounts when new legislation comes into force next year. Almost one in three high street bank customers told YouGov that they were very or highly likely to move bank if the process was made simpler. Recent figures from Which? said 55 per cent of people had never switched their current account.
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 4 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence