Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...
The Business Matrix: Monday 24 March 2014
Wage gap widens in South, says TUC
Wage inequality has soared in the South over the last 13 years, the TUC says. It says that the gap between high and low earners has risen by 14 per cent.
Fair pay rules ‘are being breached’
Campaigners including the High Pay Centre are pressing regulators to investigate large companies they say may be breaching remuneration rules by failing to compare executive pay with the wages of ordinary employees.
Axa chief: UK can match Germany
Tax relief measures in the Budget could help the UK to match Germany’s economic success, according to Amanda Blanc at Axa, which insures a fifth of small UK firms.
From the papers
Firms may have to admit being hacked
Big businesses could be forced to publicly admit to cyber attacks from criminal gangs or statebacked terrorist groups under Labour, said the party’s defence spokesman, Vernon Coaker.
Independent on Sunday
Court to rule in supermarket row
The supermarket group Sainsbury’s has won the right to a judicial review in its battle against an allegedly misleading advertising campaign last year which claimed that Tesco’s products were cheaper.
Mail on Sunday
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 4 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years