Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 11 January 2014
Morrisons launches online shopping
Morrisons has launched its online food operation after making its first deliveries in the Midlands. The supermarket chain expects to be covering 50 per cent of the country by 2015. Its delivery charges will be between £1 and £5.
Bank of Israel head in line for Fed job
President Barack Obama is to nominate Stanley Fischer, a former governor of the Bank of Israel and a vice-chairman of Citigroup, as deputy chairman of the US Federal Reserve under new Fed chairman Janet Yellen.
Goods trade passes US in value terms
China has replaced the US as the world’s largest trader of goods. The value of Chinese goods trade in 2013 was $4.16 trillion, while the US total was $3.5trn over the first 11 months.
Growth marginally slower as 2013 ends
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research has estimated that the UK economy grew by 0.7 per cent in the final quarter of 2013, down from 0.8 per cent in Q3.
Barclays will miss rate-swaps deadline
Barclays is likely to miss by a month the Financial Conduct Authority’s 12-month deadline for clearing up the small business rate-swaps mis-selling scandal.
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh