Today's letter from the Editor
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 22 February 2014
BA owner flies back into the black
iag, the owner of British Airways, flew back into the black last year after slashing losses at its Spanish airline Iberia. Boss Willie Walsh also revealed he was paid a £1.3m bonus for 2013. He is donating his 3 per cent pay rise to Comic Relief.
Pearson shares hit three-year low
Pearson’s shares crashed nearly 6 per cent to a three-year low of 1,013p after the education and media giant warned profits will be sharply lower again this year and suggested there will be little respite until 2015. Profits fell 2.3 per cent to £391m last year.
Bankruptcy for Bitcoin exchange
One of the largest Bitcoin exchanges has filed for bankruptcy protection and warned it may have lost all of the virtual currency stored on the platform. Mark Karpeles, the head of Mt Gox, blamed “a weakness in our system” for the collapse.
Hutchison doubles profit to £207m
Hutchison Whampoa’s mobile network, Three, said it more than doubled operating profit to £207m last year from £101m in 2012 after it added 565,000 new customers. It said all of its customers were now on its 4G network.
- 1 National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston says why he left the BBC series after just one series
- 5 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dies: Wrestling legend dies aged 61, according to reports