Today's letter from the Editor
£700 per day: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Developer C++, Python, STL, R, PD...
£30000 - £44000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Web deve...
£40000 - £65000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Senior A...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Web deve...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 22 February 2014
BA owner flies back into the black
iag, the owner of British Airways, flew back into the black last year after slashing losses at its Spanish airline Iberia. Boss Willie Walsh also revealed he was paid a £1.3m bonus for 2013. He is donating his 3 per cent pay rise to Comic Relief.
Pearson shares hit three-year low
Pearson’s shares crashed nearly 6 per cent to a three-year low of 1,013p after the education and media giant warned profits will be sharply lower again this year and suggested there will be little respite until 2015. Profits fell 2.3 per cent to £391m last year.
Bankruptcy for Bitcoin exchange
One of the largest Bitcoin exchanges has filed for bankruptcy protection and warned it may have lost all of the virtual currency stored on the platform. Mark Karpeles, the head of Mt Gox, blamed “a weakness in our system” for the collapse.
Hutchison doubles profit to £207m
Hutchison Whampoa’s mobile network, Three, said it more than doubled operating profit to £207m last year from £101m in 2012 after it added 565,000 new customers. It said all of its customers were now on its 4G network.
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations