Today's letter from the Editor
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of a mark...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides Reliabili...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of refrigeration, mechan...
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A publishing company based in F...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 22 February 2014
BA owner flies back into the black
iag, the owner of British Airways, flew back into the black last year after slashing losses at its Spanish airline Iberia. Boss Willie Walsh also revealed he was paid a £1.3m bonus for 2013. He is donating his 3 per cent pay rise to Comic Relief.
Pearson shares hit three-year low
Pearson’s shares crashed nearly 6 per cent to a three-year low of 1,013p after the education and media giant warned profits will be sharply lower again this year and suggested there will be little respite until 2015. Profits fell 2.3 per cent to £391m last year.
Bankruptcy for Bitcoin exchange
One of the largest Bitcoin exchanges has filed for bankruptcy protection and warned it may have lost all of the virtual currency stored on the platform. Mark Karpeles, the head of Mt Gox, blamed “a weakness in our system” for the collapse.
Hutchison doubles profit to £207m
Hutchison Whampoa’s mobile network, Three, said it more than doubled operating profit to £207m last year from £101m in 2012 after it added 565,000 new customers. It said all of its customers were now on its 4G network.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath