Today's letter from the Editor
£4848 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Outstanding...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Leeds: Cover Supervisors/Long Term Teaching Ass...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher...
£55 - £70 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Cover Supervisors needed for seco...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 December 2013
Debenhams boss angers investors
Debenhams' finance director Simon Herrick's job is under threat amid reports the retailer's major investors called on the retailer's chairman to sack him. The anger is said to have arisen over his decision to write to suppliers demanding a retrospective discount just days before Christmas.
Wages boosted by Abe reforms
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's three-pronged strategy for economic recovery took steps forward on two fronts yesterday, as 17 months of declining wages were halted and inflation hit a five-year high. Prices rose by 1.2 per cent on a year earlier in November, the fastest growth since 2008.
Investment to hit seven-year high
Global property investing activity is set to hit a seven-year high in 2014, rising 15 per cent amid growing confidence in financial markets and increasing activity in Europe and Asia, property consultant Cushman & Wakefield said yesterday.
Leather goods boss steps down
The chief executive of Smythson, the leather goods and stationery brand that counts Samantha Cameron as a consultant, is to leave following the recent birth of his twins. Andy Janowski will leave in January to be replaced by chairman and owner Jacques Bahbout.
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella