Today's letter from the Editor
vary Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - AN OPENING AT A VERY HIGH Q...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Ilford: Nursery Manager Long term Ran...
£24000 - £25000 Per Annum plus company car and commission: Clearwater People S...
£45 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Supply SEN Support Jobs in Bris...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 December 2013
Debenhams boss angers investors
Debenhams' finance director Simon Herrick's job is under threat amid reports the retailer's major investors called on the retailer's chairman to sack him. The anger is said to have arisen over his decision to write to suppliers demanding a retrospective discount just days before Christmas.
Wages boosted by Abe reforms
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's three-pronged strategy for economic recovery took steps forward on two fronts yesterday, as 17 months of declining wages were halted and inflation hit a five-year high. Prices rose by 1.2 per cent on a year earlier in November, the fastest growth since 2008.
Investment to hit seven-year high
Global property investing activity is set to hit a seven-year high in 2014, rising 15 per cent amid growing confidence in financial markets and increasing activity in Europe and Asia, property consultant Cushman & Wakefield said yesterday.
Leather goods boss steps down
The chief executive of Smythson, the leather goods and stationery brand that counts Samantha Cameron as a consultant, is to leave following the recent birth of his twins. Andy Janowski will leave in January to be replaced by chairman and owner Jacques Bahbout.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella