Today's letter from the Editor
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 December 2013
Debenhams boss angers investors
Debenhams' finance director Simon Herrick's job is under threat amid reports the retailer's major investors called on the retailer's chairman to sack him. The anger is said to have arisen over his decision to write to suppliers demanding a retrospective discount just days before Christmas.
Wages boosted by Abe reforms
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's three-pronged strategy for economic recovery took steps forward on two fronts yesterday, as 17 months of declining wages were halted and inflation hit a five-year high. Prices rose by 1.2 per cent on a year earlier in November, the fastest growth since 2008.
Investment to hit seven-year high
Global property investing activity is set to hit a seven-year high in 2014, rising 15 per cent amid growing confidence in financial markets and increasing activity in Europe and Asia, property consultant Cushman & Wakefield said yesterday.
Leather goods boss steps down
The chief executive of Smythson, the leather goods and stationery brand that counts Samantha Cameron as a consultant, is to leave following the recent birth of his twins. Andy Janowski will leave in January to be replaced by chairman and owner Jacques Bahbout.
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 3 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises