Today's letter from the Editor
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...
£22,000 - £23,000: Beverley James: Are you looking for the opportunity to work...
£30,000: Beverley James: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a person looki...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 December 2013
Debenhams boss angers investors
Debenhams' finance director Simon Herrick's job is under threat amid reports the retailer's major investors called on the retailer's chairman to sack him. The anger is said to have arisen over his decision to write to suppliers demanding a retrospective discount just days before Christmas.
Wages boosted by Abe reforms
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's three-pronged strategy for economic recovery took steps forward on two fronts yesterday, as 17 months of declining wages were halted and inflation hit a five-year high. Prices rose by 1.2 per cent on a year earlier in November, the fastest growth since 2008.
Investment to hit seven-year high
Global property investing activity is set to hit a seven-year high in 2014, rising 15 per cent amid growing confidence in financial markets and increasing activity in Europe and Asia, property consultant Cushman & Wakefield said yesterday.
Leather goods boss steps down
The chief executive of Smythson, the leather goods and stationery brand that counts Samantha Cameron as a consultant, is to leave following the recent birth of his twins. Andy Janowski will leave in January to be replaced by chairman and owner Jacques Bahbout.
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia