Today's letter from the Editor
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 8 February 2014
£1.46m loss for The Kooples
The French fashion brand The Kooples has found business tough in the UK and reported a 24 per cent widening of losses for 2013. Founded by three brothers in Paris, it filed a £1.46m loss for the year to September, against £1.17m for the previous period. But turnover ticked up 21 per cent to £18.5m.
Low number of new jobs created
The US economy created just 113,000 new jobs in January, well below market expectations. The weak result follows an increase of 75,000 jobs in December and adds to fears that the world’s largest economy is slowing. The overall jobless rate, however, fell to 6.6 per cent, its lowest level since October 2008.
Banks overvalued the Royal Mail
Banks pitching to work on the Royal Mail float valued the business at between £4bn and £4.8bn, far above the eventual £3.3bn flotation price, according to documents released by the Department for Business after Freedom of Information requests.
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour