Today's letter from the Editor
£35000 per annum + Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: 3rd Line Support Engine...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
£32000 - £38000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Serv...
£38000 - £44000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Virt...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 8 February 2014
£1.46m loss for The Kooples
The French fashion brand The Kooples has found business tough in the UK and reported a 24 per cent widening of losses for 2013. Founded by three brothers in Paris, it filed a £1.46m loss for the year to September, against £1.17m for the previous period. But turnover ticked up 21 per cent to £18.5m.
Low number of new jobs created
The US economy created just 113,000 new jobs in January, well below market expectations. The weak result follows an increase of 75,000 jobs in December and adds to fears that the world’s largest economy is slowing. The overall jobless rate, however, fell to 6.6 per cent, its lowest level since October 2008.
Banks overvalued the Royal Mail
Banks pitching to work on the Royal Mail float valued the business at between £4bn and £4.8bn, far above the eventual £3.3bn flotation price, according to documents released by the Department for Business after Freedom of Information requests.
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more