Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of this mu...
£40000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful & reputable global business is l...
£35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...
Page 3 Profile: Ned Rocknroll, astronaut manager
He sounds a bit silly
Not according to Kate Winslet. The Oscar-winning actress married the curiously named astronaut manager in New York.
You heard. Mr RocknRoll, nee Abel Smith, is currently Head of Astronaut Relations and Marketing at Virgin's space tourism division, Virgin Galactic.
He must have worked hard for that job.
Presumably, though it might have helped that his uncle is Virgin supremo, Richard Branson. In fact, he met his new bride on Necker Island, Branson's private retreat in the British Virgin Islands. Apparently this was on the same trip that the actress made headlines for saving Sir Richard's 90-year-old mum after the house caught fire.
Well good luck to them. What was the wedding-do like?
Winslet's close friend and repeat co-star, Leonardo DiCaprio, gave her away, in front of a handful of guests in New York. The service was reportedly so clandestine that even the bride's parents didn't know about it.
So will we see film credits for Kate Rocknroll in the near future?
Doubtful. Winslet avoided taking the names of her previous two husbands. First there was Jim Threapleton, from whom she split in 2001, followed by her marriage to fellow Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, the versatile director of films from Skyfall to American Beauty. The pair divorced in 2010.
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims