Today's letter from the Editor
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
Page 3 Profile: Roman Polanski, film director
Polanski made tedious comments about women at the Cannes Film Festival. According to USA Today, the 79-year-old said “trying to level the genders is purely idiotic”, adding: “Offering flowers to a lady has become indecent … The pill has greatly changed the place of women in our times, masculinising her.”
Hold up! It seems he may in fact be pioneering this year’s hot new Cannes theme: misogyny. After Lars von Triers made Hitler apologia the offensive fad of 2012’s event, boring old blokes talking down to women seems to be all the rage. Director Francois Ozon said women fantastise about being prostitutes while Jerry Lewis says the idea of women doing broad comedy “bothers” him.
So liberation is masculinising?
It would seem that’s what he’s trying to say. But you have to remember, he’s a rather complicated gentleman. His pregnant wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered by Charles Manson and members of his cult. Then, in 1977, he was arrested and charged with having sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl, which he later admitted as part of a plea bargain
How come he’s never done time – and we’re still watching his films?
Hm. He’s a bloke with a vision? And in Hollywood, that can wash away many a sin.
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it