Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £25000 Per Annum + bonus and benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Lt...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: Drama Teacher Required! The jobWe are ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Nursery Worker (permanent) Greater ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: English Teacher - long term job opport...
Page 3 Profile: Roman Polanski, film director
Polanski made tedious comments about women at the Cannes Film Festival. According to USA Today, the 79-year-old said “trying to level the genders is purely idiotic”, adding: “Offering flowers to a lady has become indecent … The pill has greatly changed the place of women in our times, masculinising her.”
Hold up! It seems he may in fact be pioneering this year’s hot new Cannes theme: misogyny. After Lars von Triers made Hitler apologia the offensive fad of 2012’s event, boring old blokes talking down to women seems to be all the rage. Director Francois Ozon said women fantastise about being prostitutes while Jerry Lewis says the idea of women doing broad comedy “bothers” him.
So liberation is masculinising?
It would seem that’s what he’s trying to say. But you have to remember, he’s a rather complicated gentleman. His pregnant wife, Sharon Tate, was murdered by Charles Manson and members of his cult. Then, in 1977, he was arrested and charged with having sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl, which he later admitted as part of a plea bargain
How come he’s never done time – and we’re still watching his films?
Hm. He’s a bloke with a vision? And in Hollywood, that can wash away many a sin.
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond