Bilderberg conference: Ed Balls refused entry
If your name's not down - you're not coming in
The annual Bilderberg gathering of the global elite is so secretive that even Ed Balls can’t get in, it would seem.
A reporter for Infowars captured the moment Mr Balls was turned away by security at the heavily fortified, five-star Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen where the conference was being held because he did not have a security pass.
In the video, a flustered Mr Balls can be heard protesting: "that's my name, I'm on the list to attend” after handing over his passport as proof of his identity, but to no avail.
After rifling through piles of documents and still not locating his pass, he then asks an officer: “we can't walk up there, you and me?" But this also proves futile and the shadow chancellor is forced to walk away to another entrance.
The notoriously secretive gathering of the world’s most powerful bankers, politicians and business people has for years been a target of conspiracy theorists, who believe the rich powerful meet behind closed doors to create a new world government. This year’s conference is somewhat ironically entitled “Does Privacy Exist?”
In an uncharacteristic gesture of transparency, the Bilderberg organisers have published a list of all the prime ministers, chief executives and military chiefs in attendance at Copenhagen, which include Mr Ball’s counterpart George Osborne.
The Independent's live blog of today's Premier League action
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death