In pictures: Miley Cyrus before and after Disney
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Friday 04 October 2013
Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance proved to the world she was no longer an innocent Disney star.
The Hannah Montanna actress raised eyebrows as she grinded on a foam finger, twerked with massive teddy bears and stripped down to a flesh-coloured bikini.
She continued to shock with her latest music video for single “Wrecking Ball”, in which she writhes naked on a giant ball and licks a sledge hammer.
More recently, the 20-year-old has become embroiled in war of words between Sinead O’Connor, mocking the Irish singer’s past history of mental illness.
It is hard to believe she once hosted her own Disney show for children.
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned