In pictures: Miley Cyrus before and after Disney
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Friday 04 October 2013
Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance proved to the world she was no longer an innocent Disney star.
The Hannah Montanna actress raised eyebrows as she grinded on a foam finger, twerked with massive teddy bears and stripped down to a flesh-coloured bikini.
She continued to shock with her latest music video for single “Wrecking Ball”, in which she writhes naked on a giant ball and licks a sledge hammer.
More recently, the 20-year-old has become embroiled in war of words between Sinead O’Connor, mocking the Irish singer’s past history of mental illness.
It is hard to believe she once hosted her own Disney show for children.
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity