Photographer allegedly assaulted while taking pictures of Wayne and Colleen Rooney at Rihanna gig
Police are investigating the assault at the Manchester Arena on Wednesday evening
A photographer was allegedly assaulted while taking taking pictures of Wayne and Colleen Rooney as they arrived at a Rihanna gig.
Freelance photographer Chris Gleave, 56, was hit in the back of the head while photographing the couple as they arrived at Manchester Arena.
Gleave, who was on commission for the Manchester Evening News, suffered a cut above his eye. The incident occurred at 8pm on Wednesday.
He said the attack was unprovoked: “He punched me, laughed in my face and then watched the concert with his mates.
“I can not let him get away with it. If it happened in the street I would prosecute him so it should not be any different because it happened when I was working."
The Rooneys attended the concert to celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary. It was their first public outing since the birth last month of their second son Klay.
Police are quizzing a man in connection to the incident.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights