Ronaldo hits back at nude president who bashed his cockroach
Wednesday 28 September 2005
The Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has defended his "cockroach" goal celebrations during the 3-0 win over Alaves, antics that drew criticism from the Alaves president Dimitry Piterman, who also accused Roberto Carlos and Robinho of behaving like clowns.
"I want to make it clear that it was just a bit of nonsense between friends and we never wanted to offend anyone or insult the opposition fans," Ronaldo said.
Piterman had said: "It may have been funny for them to pretend to be cockroaches dressed in white, but they looked ridiculous... They acted like circus clowns."
Ronaldo said that Piterman, who has appeared naked on the cover of a popular weekly magazine in Spain, was not one to give lessons about how to behave. "He is entitled to his opinion, but he's hardly the ideal person to start criticising and calling me, Roberto and Robinho 'clowns'," he said.
"The idea came from two friends who dared me to do it if I scored. I told them that if I did it they would have to dine out with me at a restaurant dressed up as women. I've fulfilled my part of the bargain and now they have to fulfil theirs."
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship