The ten best conspiracy theories
Wednesday 03 June 2009
Conspiracy theories have been around for generations but the internet has been a catalyst for thousands of theories about the world we live in, who is running it and why.
With the MPs expenses scandal giving rise to an even closer examination of who governs us and the lengths to which people will go to cover things up, it’s no wonder that bloggers, tweeters and online chatrooms are boiling over with conspiracy theories.
From alien landing cover-ups to murder plots and tin foil hats, here are ten historical conspiracy theories still advocated today.
Click the image on the right to launch.
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more