The ten best conspiracy theories
Wednesday 03 June 2009
Conspiracy theories have been around for generations but the internet has been a catalyst for thousands of theories about the world we live in, who is running it and why.
With the MPs expenses scandal giving rise to an even closer examination of who governs us and the lengths to which people will go to cover things up, it’s no wonder that bloggers, tweeters and online chatrooms are boiling over with conspiracy theories.
From alien landing cover-ups to murder plots and tin foil hats, here are ten historical conspiracy theories still advocated today.
Click the image on the right to launch.
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
It scooped up an unprecedented 11 Academy Awards when it was first remade in 1959
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 iPhone 6 review: bigger, thinner, faster, brighter - Apple proves you can make the best better
- 2 Sports Direct security guard allegedly banned Jewish schoolboys and told them: 'No Jews, no Jews'
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 4 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 5 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair