The ten best conspiracy theories
Wednesday 03 June 2009
Conspiracy theories have been around for generations but the internet has been a catalyst for thousands of theories about the world we live in, who is running it and why.
With the MPs expenses scandal giving rise to an even closer examination of who governs us and the lengths to which people will go to cover things up, it’s no wonder that bloggers, tweeters and online chatrooms are boiling over with conspiracy theories.
From alien landing cover-ups to murder plots and tin foil hats, here are ten historical conspiracy theories still advocated today.
Click the image on the right to launch.
Leave your comments and suggestions below
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God