An Eye on... driving
Thursday 16 October 1997
London: One of the more bizarre guests at the London Motor Show is the Frenchman Michel Lotito who, under the name of "Monsieur Mangetout" eats about a kilo of metal every day. He is currently munching his way through a Daewoo Lanos car. He once ate a whole Cessna light aircraft, but bananas or hard-boiled eggs make him sick.
Israel: On a busy road outside Tel Aviv, the artist Avi Nahmias has painted a mural consisting of a 12-foot-high portrait of the late Princess Diana and the message "Drive Carefully".
Japan: A "Hair Station" has opened in Tokyo where you can have a haircut while your car is being serviced, all in 15 minutes.
Life & Style blogs
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...