An Eye on... driving
Thursday 16 October 1997
London: One of the more bizarre guests at the London Motor Show is the Frenchman Michel Lotito who, under the name of "Monsieur Mangetout" eats about a kilo of metal every day. He is currently munching his way through a Daewoo Lanos car. He once ate a whole Cessna light aircraft, but bananas or hard-boiled eggs make him sick.
Israel: On a busy road outside Tel Aviv, the artist Avi Nahmias has painted a mural consisting of a 12-foot-high portrait of the late Princess Diana and the message "Drive Carefully".
Japan: A "Hair Station" has opened in Tokyo where you can have a haircut while your car is being serviced, all in 15 minutes.
Life & Style blogs
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...