Books: Spoken word
Saturday 16 May 1998
Nick Hornby's ear for contemporary dialogue is so acute that it's an added pleasure to hear rather than read his latest novel, About A Boy (HarperCollins, 3hrs, pounds 8.99). What happens when single mother Susie comes up against predatory, cool male Will? Through the catalyst of Susie's lonely 12-year-old son Marcus, Will finds his attitude to life changing profoundly. Convincing and moving.
Life & Style blogs
This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
My life as a Jew in wartime Berlin: How I outwitted the Gestapo
Tinder Plus: premium service launches, charging much more for those over 28
Running test reveals whether you will die in the next decade
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Graduate/Junior Software Deve...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced Sales Executive ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Night Porters are required to join a family-ow...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Recruitment Genius Ltd continue...