BUNHILL : Copycats in the bank
Sunday 18 December 1994
On his first day, so legend has it, he insisted on leaving his office door ajar. A rolled-up piece of cardboard was placed strategically under it. The following day Taylor arrived at the office to find a whole corridor of doors held ajar with - yes, you've guessed it - pieces of rolled-up cardboard under the doors.
Repairing for lunch to the canteen, Taylor presented himself in shirt sleeves - to the astonishment of his besuited colleagues. Sure enough, the following day he was surrounded by shirt-sleeved colleagues in the canteen. Whatever next?
Life & Style blogs
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
Unpaid - £4 lunch allowance plus travel to and from work: Barnardo's: Purpose ...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: From modest beginnings the comp...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: From modest beginnings the comp...