The leaves are falling, the nights are closing in and the shop displays are lighting up. It can only mean one thing: Christmas is in the air!
It's a magical time of year - but why not make it even more special with a Husky Riding Experience? The Independent has got together with Discover Dogs to offer a fabulous prize for all dog-lovers.
You will be riding as a passenger on a four-wheeled 'sled' through the beautiful scenery of Thetford Forest in East Anglia. It is virtually impossible to describe the uniqueness of the experience – riding behind these wonderful dogs and having the opportunity to watch them in action from such close quarters. What's more, you get to relax and enjoy the ride, without having to control the team yourself.
On arrival you will be met by your host. You'll meet the dogs and learn a little about Huskies: their history, how to fit a harness, etc. You will then set off on your ride; you will be out for some time - depending on the weather conditions on the day. On return the Huskies will be watered and petted; then it will be time for your well earned refreshments, with more time to chat and get to know the dogs.
To win this fabulous prize, you just need to answer one question:
Terms and conditions
- The minimum age for this experience is 10 - all riders will be loaned a helmet unless they supply their own (cycle helmet or similar). Maximum weight is 15 stone.
- This experience is not suitable if you have a heart condition, back, spine or neck problem, epilepsy or are pregnant.
- The whole experience will last for approximately two hours.
What to Wear / Equipment
- You will need to wear warm, comfortable clothing appropriate for the outdoors and time of year.
Group Size / Spectators
- This experience is for two adults or youngsters. Spectators can attend too but it's not a good idea to bring along your own dog who may find the whole thing a bit daunting.
- As this experience takes place outdoors it can be affected by extreme weather.
- This experience is available from November 22 until January 31 and is subject to availability on selected dates.
This competition closes on Friday 26th November.
To read the Independent's terms and conditions, click here.Reuse content